Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Need Star-San, but nothing else. Anyone know who has free shipping?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2006, 06:02 PM   #1
Evan!
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Need Star-San, but nothing else. Anyone know who has free shipping?

I know AHS has flat $6, and one other one has free shipping over a certain amount...but I need Star San. Normally, I'd just buy it along with other stuff and make it worth my while, but right now, I don't need anything else. Anyone know a place that has free shipping, even on small orders?

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2006, 07:20 PM   #2
trinitone

Recipes 

Don't need anything else? I thought we always needed something else. Seriously, though, I don't know if you're going to get that lucky.

EDIT: This place has free shipping for first timers. http://www.brewbyyou.com/ Doesn't look like they have Star-San, though.

Secondary 2: Monk's Tripel...
Bottled: Dark Star Brown Ale, Watership Stout, Yet to be named cider

Well... a person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all.

This kind of an area is the best place for survival because you do have good, basically intelligent, hard working, decent people and they're all armed to the teeth... and that's my kind of people.

Last edited by trinitone; 10-19-2006 at 07:25 PM.

Old 10-19-2006, 08:11 PM   #3
Brewby, my beer
Recipes 

I don't know about free, but I think Austin Home Brew has $5.99 shipping on all items, no minimum purchase

https://www.austinhomebrew.com/index.php

Keg1: Hefeweistrophy Hefe Weisen

Primary: German Alt Beer

Old 10-19-2006, 08:29 PM   #4
trinitone

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan!
I know AHS has flat $6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewby, my beer
I don't know about free, but I think Austin Home Brew has $5.99 shipping on all items, no minimum purchase

https://www.austinhomebrew.com/index.php
I think Evan mentioned that in his original post. Is someone getting their weekend started early?

Well... a person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all.

This kind of an area is the best place for survival because you do have good, basically intelligent, hard working, decent people and they're all armed to the teeth... and that's my kind of people.

Old 10-19-2006, 08:35 PM   #5
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Yeah, well, I could easily spend a grand on HB stuff I 'need' without batting an eye, but that wouldn't be very responsible, would it? Mwa ha ha...

I did some price comps, and found that nobody offers free shipping for such a low total---but that, including shipping, Midwest had the best price. $11-something for 32 oz of Star San, and only like $4-something for shipping. Not too bad considering that the original 8oz bottle of star san I got from AHS cost like $9.

I'm just tired of my hands smelling of bleach. Ugh. That, and having to rinse everything like crazy. I'm thrifty as I can be with this hobby, but cutting corners by using bleach really sux. Unfortunately, with the first bottle of star san I had, I was not aware you could reuse it...so after each use, I'd dump it all. It didn't say anything on the packaging about reusing it, and I wasn't taking chances with sanitation. Now I know...I think these 32 ounces will last me quite awhile.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 10-19-2006, 08:52 PM   #6
trinitone

Recipes 

I hadn't gotten into this hobby when I lived in C'ville, but now that I think about it, I am surprised there isn't a LHBS there. Esp with UVa there. Can you imagine having to go to Staunton for supplies? HAHAHAHA... (I grew up there, too.)

Quick Reply