Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Need help building my brewery

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2012, 06:15 AM   #1
NWDuck
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Need help building my brewery

Hey all,

I have been brewing for a year and some time, just switched to all grain about 3 months ago (6 or 7 batches).. Currently I'm using 10g Bk, 10g cooler for MT and 8g aluminum pot for HLT.. I have two propane burners, but my setup is lacking.. Im constantly moving things because its all gravity fed.. I want to take the next step in automation.. What should I get?? 5 gallon batches is fine for the time being.. If I get 1 pump can I automate anything? Maybe my fly sparging? I just want to start walking that path and I don't know where to begin.. HELP!!??

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 06:55 AM   #2
Polboy
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 15

i think automation of the brewing process is a big step, it is expensive and requires some knowledge of programming. What exactly do you want to improve in your process?, you said you move "things around" but with 3 tier gravity system you dont need to move anything (HLT on top tun in the middle and BK at the bottom)
Anyway pump is always a good addition, easy to control and helps in most of the systems, then you can look in to solenoid valves and control everything from arudino but then i think for automation electric brewery is the way to go.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
NWDuck
Recipes 

I guess when I said automation I meant single teir with a pump .. Can u do single tier with 1 pump?

Old 12-01-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
BBL_Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 428 Times on 296 Posts
Likes Given: 321

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWDuck View Post
I guess when I said automation I meant single teir with a pump .. Can u do single tier with 1 pump?
Yes. You'll have to switch it around a few times though. You'll pump water, and then wort and then water and then wort.

Never Ending Liquid Yeast - How to Farm Yeast and Freeze it.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #5
Polboy
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 15

if you have two burners in gravity system already (im guessing one of the burners is mounted higher than the rest) then you can probably add just one pump and make 2 tier and use one pump in one or two places (ie hlt to mash by gravity->mash to bk by pump->bk fermenter by pump or gravity), several combinations possible depending what is ur system right now

Quick Reply