New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Natural Gas Hookup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 08:42 PM   #1
Maddmann
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Natural Gas Hookup

I've done a few AG batches and have found myself addicted to it. After finding this forum and seeing all of the sweet setups there are, I feel an urge to build one myself sometime this year. I really like the idea of the Natural Gas but I don't know the first thing about hooking it up. Is it something that you do your self or does someone have to come out to the house and hook it up? I don't have an extra gas bib or anything that i know of. Also, where can I find a keggle? Thanks for all the help.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2009, 09:23 PM   #2
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 853 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 26

This is one of those things that if you have to ask, you probably should pay a plumber to Tee off the trunk to a valve and quick disconnect set. From there it's probably safe for you to hook in.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

Old 01-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #3
Gregredic
Recipes 

I would have to agree with Bobby M. No reason taking a risk of blowing your house up...or worse...killing yourself and who knows how many other people. I wouldn't think it would be too costly to get hooked up.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:13 PM   #4
Figbash
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If you need to ask then you should probably find someone who knows how to do it to help out. Running gas line is not rocket science but a mistake can be catastrophic. Besides, you'll need a few special tools to do it such as a couple of pipe wrenches, a good hack saw and a set of pipe threading dies unless you like running back and forth to the hardware store.

I assume you are running this hookup to an area outside the house? A well ventilated garage or outside are good options. The massive burners required for all grain brewing generate a lot of carbon monoxide.

Tom

Old 01-06-2009, 12:54 AM   #5
sigmund
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Hire a competent plumber to hook up your line. If you do the work and don't do it right, you not only run the risk of hurting yourself and others but you may not even be covered by insurance if something happens.

Burkey Street Brewery

Old 01-06-2009, 11:40 AM   #6
Maddmann
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Thanks, I think it will just be easier to get someone for it since I really don't know what to do with it.

Quick Reply