Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > My Monster Mill Base Mod (Lots of pics)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2012, 05:22 AM   #1
johnp
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default My Monster Mill Base Mod (Lots of pics)

I added some stoppers to the bottom of my base. Works like a charm and super easy.

I'm using a Lowe's bucket and it just so happens that the Monster Mill base is exactly the same width as the bucket length and width-wise so it was easy to center on the bucket.

Next, I traced the inside edge of the bucket. Leaving the mill unattached makes this part a breeze. Keeping pressure on the base prevents it from moving.

Here is the bottom of the base with the edge traced. I used Nylon Spacers from Lowe's (in the metal drawers in the hardware isle). Rubber grommets or stoppers would also be a good choice.

Any screw that fits inside the spacer would work, just make sure it wont go all the way through the base.

I eyeballed the layout and marked where I wanted them.

Pre-drilling the holes. Again, don't go all the way through!

Easy peasy.

All done! Less than $5 in parts and less than 15 minutes in labor! Do it!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2012, 05:39 AM   #2
lpdjshaw
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Great idea, I've been wanting to something similar since I got my MM2 a year ago - just been a little lazy in figuring out the best way to do it. Thanks for the info and pics! I'm going to Lowes or HD tomorrow, just in time for brew day on Monday.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:11 PM   #3
pfgonzo
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 71 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 70

This is such a simple yet brilliant idea. The base for the Rebel Mill has a lip that fits snugly onto standard pails. I would have purchased one, but they are out of stock for the foreseeable future, and I was lamenting the flat base of the Monster Mill.

This solution is cheap and satisfies my need for stability.

It's been about a year since you posted this. How have you found it in practice?

Quick Reply