New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Monster Mills now made in CHINA!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2011, 01:06 AM   #1
BrewBeemer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Monster Mills now made in CHINA!

Just a heads up EVERYONE on what I ran across with Monster Mills now being made in China.
http://zjautomax.en.made-in-china.com/product/yoKQOeMGlChx/China-Barley-Crusher-Malt-Mill-2.html
Enlarge the mill side plates, surprise!
I bet the MM3-2.0 is also made in China to.

A couple years ago I ordered a MM3-2.0, mill delivered damaged and not by UPS shipping, box was still in good condition, mill wasn't as well bushings sticking out and side plates scored up. Looked like a hammer torture test model. Yes I was very unhappy for my $246 investment, it gets better.
With Monster Mill refusing to replace this NIB damaged Mill just my money refunded just think what hassles you will have dealing with with Monster Mills now being made in China as well sold in 200 unit volumes from China?
With no customer PR or unit replacement here in the USA just think what customer service would be dealing with Mr. Hu or MR. Ho in China? Soo Sorrry!
Backing up check the instant customer service with free replacement part to our Vendor BOBBY_M with is broken Crankandstein mill by the way made in the USA. Not to start a pissing war just not wanting other HBT members to be screwed like I was from this made in USA mill now being made in China, can't be better any better customer service ya think?
If Monster Mill aka Fred Francis (owner) had backed up his product being shipped damaged and not the shipping box and replaced the few mill parts proven damaged as posted on HBT forum I would be a happy camper mentioning his product service. Fred chose the other option as the mill was not a total loss many parts could be reused being still NIB but he went went cheap less than $100 in exchanged damaged parts. Tells you alot about a company, burned once shy twice just warning others with now made in China Monster Mills, look out!
What would Mr. Fred Francis be out, shipping plus replacing a few damaged parts reused those of my mill being still NIB undamaged. This small money loss alone proves what kind of operation he runs, and shows his true colors.
Many photos of my mill damage were posted on HBT. A heads up unless you speak Chinese with any future Monster Mill failure problems made in China and to not get burned like I did for $246.
Not the way to run any business for sure.
Oh I was told by Fred to quit bashing his product and findings on HBT forum, oops I also still have a damaged mill here that is not correct but he has my hard earned $246 instead, no mention of that! I hope it was worth my $246 Fred vs fixing the problem.
I know Don at Crankandstein would correct any mill problems or damage ASAP as proven in the past by Don.

End of rant and novel, I had to save another member with having my troubles
especially now coming from China. Quality contol anyone or lack of?

Bier Jagdwaffe... Bier 30 zeit.....~~=o&o>..........

Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2011, 02:18 AM   #2
PurpleJeepXJ
Ah... Leafy Goodness
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

This pisses me off!! Time for a beer from my milled grain on my 100yr old AMERICAN made mill and capped with my 60yr old bottle capper. Back when America was actually a country.

I support the Sternewirth Privilege... Especially for Home Brewers!!

Old 09-14-2011, 02:29 AM   #3
Reelale
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1373 Times on 1331 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Did this change of manufacturing location just happen? I bought a MM2 in 2009, and it works great, I thought it was American-made.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:34 AM   #4
passedpawn
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2643 Times on 1702 Posts
Likes Given: 2151

Arrggg...

My mill was made by Jack Schmidling. Homebrewer. Also known as the JSP MaltMill. I highly recommend it. Made in the USA. Prolly not building them any more.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:35 AM   #5
Boerderij_Kabouter

Recipes 

Liked 109 Times on 97 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Beemer... just because China is making a mill and using a stock photo doesn't mean it is that mill. I don't have any inside info, but I HIGHLY doubt that is an actual monster mill.

The vast, vast, vast majority of people have great stories about the Monster Mill products.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:37 AM   #6
BrewBeemer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

I have my grandparents as well great grandparents brewing equipment, crocks, mill, bottles from the late 1800's. Home brewer for a reason?
Brewers from the Bavarian area down to the 1800's bier stein rack, steins from WW1 by grandfather for serving the German Army. A 1937 Third Reich Stein, much much more family history.
Yes a shell of a country the US is today with more manufactures heading to China.
Prost.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:50 AM   #7
RDWHAHB
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

a) I thought your beef with Fred was settled?
b) China knocks off well-built stuff from america everyday. I suspect Monster Mills is the latest victim.

Jeff

Old 09-14-2011, 03:12 AM   #8
BrewBeemer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerderij_Kabouter View Post
Beemer... just because China is making a mill and using a stock photo doesn't mean it is that mill. I don't have any inside info, but I HIGHLY doubt that is an actual monster mill.

The vast, vast, vast majority of people have great stories about the Monster Mill products.
They why would this Chinese manufacture of supplier of mill use a Monster Mill photo if they make their own instead of using a photo of their own mill with name?
I'm just forwarding what I ran across in mill manufactures, i'm just as surprised to see the Monster Mill name with a Chinese company.
I just forwarded my findings.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:18 AM   #9
Boerderij_Kabouter

Recipes 

Liked 109 Times on 97 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I'm not knocking your findings, just letting you know it is 99.9% not an actual Monster Mill. China does this with almost every product that exists or is made in the U.S. or Europe. They purchase the product, model it in an "engineering" department, then manufacture that product. I work in IP, so I deal with this regularly. They use the pictures of the products they copy because that is the market they are trying to break into/steal/poach from.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:19 AM   #10
Dgonza9
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Judging by that link, they also make the Barley Crusher...

I know many products stamped made in China are cheaply made, but simply being made there doesn't mean it's a bad product. I mean, my iPad shipped straight from China and it's a quality product.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience and wasn't quite able to understand the issue. Your money was refunded, correct? So what did MM fail to do?

Bourbon Barrel Duchesse De Bourgnone
Kegged:

Fermenting English Mild

on Deck: Lager?

Closed Thread

Quick Reply