Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Monster Mill Hopper

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #11
Accidic
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 53

I purchased the hopper/base and have been very happy with it. I'm not certain whether the steel is 1/16" or not but I do know that it's substantial enough that I'm not worried about damaging it through normal usage. I wouldn't use it for target practice or to hammer nails by any means but I would point out that I've knocked mine off a chair and sustained no damage to the hopper which had hit the ground first. The base is also very nice looking and does work although I wish it had an extra inch or two to provide extra lip albeit it does cover the entire top of the bucket I mill into.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #12
Accidic
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Also, if your purchasing the hopper/base along with the unit it's nowhere near $10 to ship. I think it's only around that if you ship it by itself. I think it added like ~$2.50 in shipping to my total by buying the hopper with the mill (mostly weight related I'd imagine) and the total was still less than $16 to ship both IIRC (If you go USPS rather than UPS it was like $18). I do not know what the Rebel Mill costs to ship as a unit or how it compares as it was out of stock when I purchased mine and it still appears to be out of stock per the website.

Old 06-11-2014, 02:27 AM   #13
bairdo
Recipes 

Likes Given: 8

I agree with Jukas in that the packaging from monster mill (direct) could be better. My MM2 arrived a couple of days ago. It was in a box - then inside another box with foam peanuts between the boxes. When I open the outside box I could see the adjuster screw poking out of the side of the smaller inside box. Once opened I could see that one of the mill ends was floating around in there (obviously due to a decent knock). But the thing is.. the mill ends were only held on by rubberbands?! when the end dislodged it was pulled into the box by the rubberband and somehow ripped through the cardboard - the end got scratched up by whatever it was rubbing on.

Wrapping the whole thing in bubble wrap with a couple of decent loops of tape around it would go a long way to avoiding damage. Or perhaps the components should be separated in the box - either way, improvements are needed.

I haven't used it yet but the mill does seem to be ok. I would have been a little grumpy if it was damaged as it took 3 weeks to arrive (I'm in NZ). Btw I didn't get the base/hopper as its too expensive to ship it over here.

Quick Reply