Minibrew M/L tun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grist

Reaction score
Anyone have the Minibrew Mash/Lauter tun? I tried to do a search but could only find threads on the Conical. My brother is interested in getting one after using my Igloo cooler set up but doesn't want to be hassled with building anything. Just wanted to see if it worked good.

Yeah...no offense, but for $249 I'll go through the "hassle" for you, take the 20mins to put together the cooler and ship it to you or your brother. In fact, I'll cut you a deal and chop off $50. :mug:

You can also get a deluxe all grain system (mash tun and HLT) from B3 or NB for like 180...

Thanks for the replies guys. Trust me, I have tried to get him to build one. I had to talk him out of dropping 2g's on the B3 1500 before he has even brewed his first batch. Hes got money to burn so it doesn't matter to him.

GaryA said:
I have had dreams about having that kind of trouble.
Me to. Should of not talked him out of it. Then when he got bored or never used it I could of just grabbed it from him. :mug:

mine took 5 min to build. my cooler didnt have a spigot so i did a drop in manifold.

1 T-Fitting
20" SS Hose
1 Ball Valve
6 Feet Hose
5 Zip Ties

It works like a regular MLT, u just have to start a syphon, and u control the speed of the flow with the ball valve.

well if he has the money you should encourage him to get a B3 system...then you get to teach him how to use it (aka use it)

Instead of talking him out of the b3 system, let him buy it, even if he hasn't brewed yet. Maybe he'll decide it's too much of a hassle and give up the hobby. Then you can get rid of it for him. :)

I have the 1500 and love it. Wish I had the extra clams at the time to get the 1550, but I didn't.

Back