Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Messerschmidt Flaker Mill attachment for KitchenAid mixer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2007, 07:13 PM   #1
MrFebtober
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Messerschmidt Flaker Mill attachment for KitchenAid mixer

Well, Christmas is over and we are the proud new owners of a KitchenAid stand mixer (artisan series, dark plum). I've read previously that the KA-brand grain mill attachment is not well suited for barley crushing, but a third party company (link here) appears to sell a flaker mill that uses steel rollers and can handle wheat.

On the other hand, one cup per minute seems awfully slow and at a hundred bucks i'm not far from getting a real grain mill. This beast of a mixer is probably the closest i'll ever come to owning a tractor, so maybe i'm just antsy to find something to hook up to that there output shaft.

Thoughts?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2007, 07:17 PM   #2
SuperiorBrew
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Get the pasta maker for it and then buy a barley crusher, monster mill or crankandstein.
Just dont think you will be happy with it, I have heard they are slow and messy/dusty.

Old 12-31-2007, 02:05 PM   #3
MrFebtober
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

thanks for the input. You're probably right. I'll wait and get a proper mill.

Quick Reply