The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Machined Keggle conv locknut here

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2008, 06:50 PM   #1
bkwudz
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Machined Keggle conv locknut here

From what i have read the machined locknut for the keggle and cooler kits is a special machined item made by the keggle kit people. NOT

Locknut, Pipe Size 1/2 In, NPT Connection, Material of Construction Red Brass, Pressure 125 PSI, Temp Range -20 To 400 Deg F, Standards ANSI B1.20.1 Specifications APPROVED VENDOR
1VFN9 Today $1.93

Grainger has it as well as all the stainless pipe fittings to do it for about $12.00, minus the, orings and washers which you have to buy in bulk and the valve they don't sell.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2008, 02:49 AM   #2
Labrat
Recipes 

Default Nice Find

I ordered what I thought was these pieces from McMaster Carr and the ones I recieved were flat sided. I did have some luck with the trusty dremel and grinding a groove that holds the O-rings in place. More Beer sells the stainless versions which work great.

Old 04-18-2008, 04:22 PM   #3
conpewter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I have used the non-groved brass version and got it to work, but my next order will definitely be these nuts instead of the medium pressure ones.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:17 AM   #4
Grimsawyer
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Wow... I like that groove. Pretty sweet but my keggles don't leak with just flat washers against the orings that press on the keggle wall. Come to think about it I don't have orings between the washer and nut on the inside or the washer and ball valve on the outside. Now I got myself wondering why mine don't leak.....

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's as good as they're going to feel all day." -Dean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBeer
...no sense hauling empty carboys around when full ones take up just as much space. :)

Quick Reply