Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > love ts3
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
lpdb185
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jackson, Mississippi
Posts: 428
Default love ts3

anybody else got one? i talked with a tech at dwyer yesterday and ended up getting one to run my keezer i'm about to build. the bonus is that it looks super sweet and it was only $50. i was curious if anyone else had one and could say how they wired it up. if not, i guess i'll post some pics of it. with this baby being only $50, i imagine it'll be pretty popular.

here's a pic of it:

__________________
lpdb185 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2011, 12:21 PM   #2
Walker
I use secondaries. :p
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Walker's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 11,236
Liked 86 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpdb185 View Post
anybody else got one? i talked with a tech at dwyer yesterday and ended up getting one to run my keezer i'm about to build. the bonus is that it looks super sweet and it was only $50. i was curious if anyone else had one and could say how they wired it up. if not, i guess i'll post some pics of it. with this baby being only $50, i imagine it'll be pretty popular.

here's a pic of it:
This would do it:
love_ts3_wiring.jpg  
__________________
Ground Fault Brewing Co.
Walker is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2011, 12:05 AM   #3
lpdb185
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jackson, Mississippi
Posts: 428
Default

sorry for the late reply, but thanks for the wiring help. the probe i got with it has two wires and the diagram on my controller has a third input on the probe side. the extra one shows to be a switch. which wire would go there, or would it matter?

__________________
lpdb185 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2011, 01:27 AM   #4
Walker
I use secondaries. :p
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Walker's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 11,236
Liked 86 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpdb185 View Post
sorry for the late reply, but thanks for the wiring help. the probe i got with it has two wires and the diagram on my controller has a third input on the probe side. the extra one shows to be a switch. which wire would go there, or would it matter?
Can you post a pic of it?

It's possible that the controller can use multiple types of probes, and some probes have three wires.
__________________
Ground Fault Brewing Co.
Walker is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2011, 11:49 PM   #5
Bitterbrush
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Central Oregon
Posts: 115
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

I just got this controller for my keezer. Not sure about the wiring for the probe, like OP said it has this switch in the probe diagram. Any ideas?

__________________
Bitterbrush is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2011, 01:16 AM   #6
ClaudiusB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 1,273
Liked 60 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitterbrush View Post
I just got this controller for my keezer. Not sure about the wiring for the probe, like OP said it has this switch in the probe diagram. Any ideas?

The TSX3 has a switch not the TS3

From the manual
The digital input can be used to remotely trigger a defrost cycle, monitor cooler door status, or act as an external alarm.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB
ClaudiusB is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2011, 01:26 AM   #7
Bitterbrush
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Central Oregon
Posts: 115
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

So the probe just attaches to #2 and #3 terminals?

__________________
Bitterbrush is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2011, 04:51 AM   #8
ClaudiusB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 1,273
Liked 60 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitterbrush View Post
So the probe just attaches to #2 and #3 terminals?
Correct.


Cheers,
ClaudiusB
__________________
My Brewery Pics
Grain Mill Glycol Chiller
Keg Washer
ClaudiusB is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2011, 03:52 PM   #9
SMAMBT
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Eagle Lake, Texas
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
This would do it:
Does there need to be a jumper from #7 to #9 or is it internal ? Getting ready to wire my LOVE TS 3 and test ...
__________________
SMAMBT is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2011, 05:01 PM   #10
Walker
I use secondaries. :p
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Walker's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 11,236
Liked 86 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMAMBT View Post
Does there need to be a jumper from #7 to #9 or is it internal ? Getting ready to wire my LOVE TS 3 and test ...
there are internal connections.

pins 7 and 9 form a "normally closed" switch, which means that (normally) the voltage applied to pin 9 is available on pin 7.

When the controller triggers the relay, then the connection between pins 9 and 7 are broken, and a new connection between pins 9 and 8 is formed.

So...

trigger point not reached = pin 7 is "live" and connected to pin 9 (internally). pin 8 is not connected to anything.

trigger point reached = pin 8 is "live" and connected to pin 9 (internally). pin 7 is not connected to anything.
__________________
Ground Fault Brewing Co.
Walker is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Love Probe for a Love TS2? HolyGhostBrew Equipment/Sanitation 3 01-15-2011 03:22 AM
I'm in love kklowell Equipment/Sanitation 9 11-22-2010 09:07 PM
Anyone use a Love TCS-4010? Munsoned Equipment/Sanitation 3 03-04-2010 04:30 PM
I love my foodsaver! johnnyc Equipment/Sanitation 16 01-09-2010 06:25 AM
Love control help? Battery_BreweryNJ Equipment/Sanitation 9 07-13-2008 12:35 AM