Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Looking For A Temp Control/Lagering Fridge?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2008, 06:41 PM   #1
Drunkagain
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Looking For A Temp Control/Lagering Fridge?

I'm wondering if there are any dorm fridges out there that are large enough to serve dual roles. I'm want to get a temp control and use it for more precise fermentation and would also like to be able to lager in it. Anything out there that will let me do this?

Thanks.

-JohnE

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2008, 07:54 PM   #2
GearBeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Magic Chef sells something that might work for you. They offer two models, one is marketed as a beverage cooler and the other is sold as a wine cooler. I measured these up early on when I was considering a kegerator/keezer and determined that 2 corny kegs would just fit if I were to cut the shelf supports. You just might be able to get a 5 gallon carboy in there.

They also come with a nifty built in temp sensor and SS edged glass door (you don't have to open it to see your brew!). I don't know what they market for, I saw a couple in the scratch and dent area of my local Home Depot a few months ago for ~$200.

Kyle

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply