Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > looking for pump input!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 12:18 AM   #301
BeerPumpsEtc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieboot View Post
Scott,

I just ordered two of these last week to be shipped to Japan.

Can you confirm they will be the stainless NPT versions as advertised on the website?
Are you saying these wont be shipped for at least another month? should probably inform people of that when they buy them!

Cheers

Jamie
Well it does say BSP/NPT which is bsp and will thread as far as NPT taper allows, surprised you wound not actually want BSP in Japan? In any event we have bsp/npt in stock no wait for them.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 01:21 AM   #302
jamieboot
Recipes 

I meant its going to be the stainless rather than brass version?

Great to hear you have them in stock and I don't need to wait!

Thanks

Old 11-20-2012, 10:45 PM   #303
BeerPumpsEtc
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

We have had a number of people request extra o-ring seals which we had not stocked. Now we are stocking them, not that anyone has needed them yet.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #304
atonofhops
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I just ordered a pair of these today!!! 2 for the price of 1 chugger shipped, caint beat the price might not flow as fast but it will do just fint for my 5-10 gallon system.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #305
joe--h
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hello, I'm Joe@Sun-Pump.com. I've read through this thread & maybe have a few answers.
The magnets are supposed to be food safe, they were certified as such by an Australian testing lab. To what standards I have no idea. Keep in mind these pumps are manufactured in China, where adulterating infant formula with melamine is OK if it turns a better profit.
The fittings are brass and are 1/2 NPT.
As far as restricting the flow, a valve after the pump would be the preferred method. The pump is not self priming, it needs to be below the level of the liquid to fill. I test each pump before I shipping with a wall wart from an old electric razor. Just about any 1 amp wart will work, or you can buy 12V power supplies on ebay cheaply. The suppliers in Hong Kong ship very quickly if you find a cheap one there.
I don't have the stainless type fittings nor do I intend to due to the quantity required to purchase & the very limited demand. The price has recently gone up at the manufacturer's insistence so you won't find them for $60 any more.
Not soliciting sales, just some information. I know zero about brewing, pretty good at the drinking end of the process though.
Joe Hennessey Joe@sun-pump.com - if this is not permitted on your forum please delete.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:48 AM   #306
emjay
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1712 Times on 1601 Posts
Likes Given: 1

How's that for honesty??!

Old 01-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #307
HarkinBanks
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I just got one of these little guys from Great Breweh with the new stainless NPT threads. It is a pretty cool little pump. I tested it last night with tap water and it pumped very well through my chillzilla. I hooked it up in line right at the ball valve. I plan to use it to recirculate wort during chilling and whirlpool in the kettle. It should work well for that. I wish these pumps existed a few years ago before I bought my march pumps. My march pumps are a pain to prime. This one primes easily because I have it right next to my ball valve. And man, these are tiny and so quiet.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #308
chuggerpumps
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 9

There is no such thing as a food safe magnet! We are dealing with Ferrite metals here..definitely not food safe. No HI- Jack intending here ..I just cant stand it when false statements are made about food safe materials . On all other brands of brew pumps the magnets are encased in either SS or Polysulfone FDA grade plastic ....this is for a reason! Dont be mislead

My 2 cents ..maybe we both should be deleted? Joe ...call me would love to discuss further
MIKE 800-810-1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe--h View Post
Hello, I'm Joe@Sun-Pump.com. I've read through this thread & maybe have a few answers.
The magnets are supposed to be food safe, they were certified as such by an Australian testing lab. To what standards I have no idea. Keep in mind these pumps are manufactured in China, where adulterating infant formula with melamine is OK if it turns a better profit.
As far as restricting the flow, a valve after the pump would be the preferred method. The pump is not self priming, it needs to be below the level of the liquid to fill. I test each pump before I shipping with a wall wart from an old electric razor. Just about any 1 amp wart will work, or you can buy 12V power supplies on ebay cheaply. The suppliers in Hong Kong ship very quickly if you find a cheap one there.
I don't have the stainless type fittings nor do I intend to due to the quantity required to purchase & the very limited demand. The price has recently gone up at the manufacturer's insistence so you won't find them for $60 any more.
Not soliciting sales, just some information. I know zero about brewing, pretty good at the drinking end of the process though.
Joe Hennessey Joe@sun-pump.com - if this is not permitted on your forum please delete.

www.chuggerpumps.com
mike@chuggerpumps.com

Old 01-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #309
HarkinBanks
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I don't want to jump into the fray but the Great Breweh pump magnet is coated with food grade high temp coating. For whatever that is worth.

6th Street Brewing Company

Old 01-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #310
chuggerpumps
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 9

High temp food grade coating?? We have been selling FDA grade pumps for 20 years...never heard of it? Please forward what this is ..we could spray all of aour cast iron pumps with it and make them food grade?

The point here is it does not exist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe--h View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkinBanks View Post
I don't want to jump into the fray but the Great Breweh pump magnet is coated with food grade high temp coating. For whatever that is worth.

www.chuggerpumps.com
mike@chuggerpumps.com

Quick Reply