limitation on better bottle size.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisS

I like cold beverages
Reaction score
Does anyone know why better bottle stopped at 6 gals? Could they not build in a thicker bottom and maybe rib the sides a bit to provide more strength for say a 6.5 or 7 gal bottle?

I was thinking about this after switching out the blowoff tube for an air lock on my latest brew.

There must not be much of a demand for them at that size. One of the LHBS that I frequent sells a ton of the 5 and 6 gallon, non-ported ones mostly to wine makers and homebrewers who use kits, both of whom probably don't go above a 5 gallon batch.

Just a guess.

-Steve

butthat is the thing. if you wan to get 5 gal into the keg you need to start with more than 5 gals which more often than not means your going to need a blowoff tube. I don't it but it woould be nice to have a larger size so that an air lock is good.

It would be nice if they did a 6.5 or a 7 youd think they could at least do a 6.5 its even hard to find the 6.5 glass carboys tho i know widwest has them. EMail them couldnt hurt at the least maybe they would respond as to why they cant or dont make them

Back