Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > LED light and beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2009, 02:59 PM   #21
SumnerH
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phideaoux44 View Post
So am I to understand then, that these UV filters should work?

Mcmaster Carr No. 1626K71

I could cover the interior light, filter the UV and leave it on inside? Does anyone know if these work? I know one of you said you own them but have yet to use them.
http://media.libsyn.com/media/basicb...brskunking.pdf
and the BBR appearance on skunking at:
http://media.libsyn.com/media/basicb...08skunking.mp3

for more details on skunking.

On deck: Little Bo Pils, Bretta Off Dead (Brett pale)
Secondary: Oude Bruin, Red Sky at Morning (Sour brown ale)
On tap: Saison Duphunk (sour), Amarillo Slim (IPA), Earl White (ginger/bergamot wit)
Bottled: Number 8 (Belgian Strong Dark Ale), Eternale (Barleywine), Ancho Villa (Ancho/pasilla/chocolate/cinnamon RIS), Oak smoked porter (1/2 maple bourbon oaked, 1/2 apple brandy oaked)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2009, 03:17 PM   #22
Phideaoux44

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumnerH View Post

I hope you can see this... I'm high-fiving you all the way across state lines. Thanks for the info!

I should put something here...

Old 02-27-2009, 12:41 PM   #23
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2754 Times on 2705 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Quote:
Yeah, I'm less concerned about it once it's bottled as I am when it's fermenting. We all know that's when it's at the biggest risk for screw ups. I wonder how "yellow" these yellow lights are.
I would be JUST as concerned when it's in bottles. This is when the commercials get skunked. Go buy some Pilsner Urqell at the grocery store. I guarantee it wasn't skunked like that when PU bottled it.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Old 02-27-2009, 02:15 PM   #24
Phideaoux44

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

True, but I more meant that when it's bottled it's in brown bottles which helps. Also, they are usually in a box and not as close to the light. I didn't mean they weren't at risk when bottled, rather, I meant that when bottled in my setup they are not at as much risk. The carboy however sits on the bottom near the light.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:15 PM   #25
BrewBeemer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
I have recently been the fortunate recipient of one of those monster commercial fridges, the ones with two sliding glass doors. It looks really snazzy with it all lit up and whatnot but I was bothered when I remembered how I always read to "never let your beer get in the sunlight or fluorescent light". I know there's a debate there for some people, but I personally believe it affects it. I lager as well as store my hops, yeast, and beer in it.

Then I found out that you can get these fluorescent tube shaped led lights that just snap in like a normal fluorescent (no ballast mods or anything) and then rock and roll with led light. So my question is can I switch out the fluorescents in the fridge's interior and use these LED's without trouble or will the same problem occur. I'm imagining that they give off far less UV but I'm hoping that this panel of experts before me might have a definitive answer.

Thank you in advance.
I have a very high intrest in those fluorescent tube shaped LED lights that can snap in like a normal fluorescent light. Do you have a forum site or email address to the manufacture of these LED lights? Any heads up or direction to help me would be great. Thanks in advance. Carl......

Bier Jagdwaffe... Bier 30 zeit.....~~=o&o>..........

Old 03-01-2009, 09:32 PM   #26
Phideaoux44

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

BrewBeermer,

Here's the url. These bad boys are pretty damn expensive, what with being a new technology and all that, but a neat concept. Still not sure what I'm going to do for my application, but maybe this will help with yours.

EverLED - LED Upgrade Replacement

Hope that helps

Old 03-02-2009, 12:44 AM   #27
BrewBeemer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
BrewBeermer,

Here's the url. These bad boys are pretty damn expensive, what with being a new technology and all that, but a neat concept. Still not sure what I'm going to do for my application, but maybe this will help with yours.

EverLED - LED Upgrade Replacement

Hope that helps
Thanks for the LED address. A little on the expensive side for the use I had in mind plus needing 14 seperate lighting units. I wanted to get away from those ugly black plastic 12 volt garden lighting units that burn out all the time mounted under the rain gutters around the property. I have 1 1/2" x 10" long thin brass tubing with end plates that will be a 270 degree shield, inside a strip mounted with 18 white super bright 25 degree angle LED's for night lighting around the property. Simple small and clean looking. I'll end up building my own LED light strips and change out the fixtures. Already wired with #6 awg years ago. Thanks for your efforts.

Bier Jagdwaffe... Bier 30 zeit.....~~=o&o>..........

Quick Reply