Large 30-Quart (7.5 gal) Propane Turkey Fryer $39.94

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HitLines

Reaction score
First new thread so I apologize if I missed anything but I did not see this posted before and it looked like a nice deal for anyone looking for a large boil pot without making your own keggle. Even for its original purpose it should be a sweet deal. Fried turkey is mighty good eats.

Here are the details form BassPro.com

Large 30-Quart (7.5 gal) Propane Turkey Fryer $39.94

Get everything you need but the propane to prepare delicious fried turkey at an astounding price! The Bass Pro Shops® 30-Quart Propane Turkey Fryer has a roomy 30-quart aluminum fry pot with handles and lid to give you plenty of room for frying a turkey up to 18 lbs. The pot sits on top of a powerful 58,000 BTU cast iron propane burner and regulator enclosed in a sturdy metal stand. Rectangular stand includes adjustable safety brackets to keep the pot safely over the burner where it belongs. Fryer package includes a turkey rack and lifter hook for safe handling, a 12'' deep fry meat thermometer to check the cooking progress, and a marinade injector for delicious flavoring. Worry-free, CSA approved safety timer helps you keep track of the cooking time to eliminate guesswork. Also works great for boiling large quantities of food.

Propane tank not included.

Features:
  • Quality turkey frying setup at a great price
  • Roomy 30-quart aluminum fry pot with handles and lid
  • Powerful 58,000 BTU cast iron propane burner with regulator and hose
  • Sturdy metal stand with adjustable safety brackets
  • Turkey rack and lifter hook
  • 12'' deep fry meat thermometer
  • Marinade injector
  • CSA-approved safety timer
  • Works great for boiling large quantities of food as well

This might also make it sweeter:
Free shipping with code FREESHIP1 on orders $50 or more.

FREE $10 Gift Card when you order $50+ of merch. Cant be used for gift cards or combined w/other offers. Expires 12/31/10. Use code LGC10B.

Thanks for the heads up. I bought one of these, and plan to get another. They'll start me on the transition to all grain. No, these aren't the greatest thing in the world, but it's a good start. Again, thanks.

I got mine on Monday. I was also thinking about picking up another. The pot is decent enough and you can't find them that large for so cheap.

I got mine on Monday. I was also thinking about picking up another. The pot is decent enough and you can't find them that large for so cheap.

My thoughts exactly. And, if/when I switch to stainless steel pots, they'll fit on the burners, and down the road, the burners can be worked into a rig pretty easily.

If you're just looking for a pot, pretty much every walmart in america has 32qt aluminum pots (of better quality than these) for $24.99

I'm looking to pick up a turkey fryer once the sales start happening, for my all-grain setup which is starting in January. This is 58,000 btus...what does everyone else have and how fast does it heat water?

Received mine today and am passivating the aluminum pot. A nice bonus is that my old SS 5.5 gallon brew kettle fits the supports perfectly!

Back