Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   Equipment/Sanitation (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/)
-   -   Kegging Question (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/kegging-question-79047/)

bluespook 09-04-2008 03:48 AM

Kegging Question
 
Just curious...don't have a system yet, but would like to get one in the next few months...If you have, say a 2 keg system, and hook up 2 kegs, will they be good for a long time? That's assuming that it takes a long time to drink all of one.

Blender 09-04-2008 03:51 AM

They will stay good for months I believe. How long of a time were you thinking about?

bluespook 09-04-2008 04:03 AM

Heck, I don't know, maybe a couple three months. I'd drink an ale keg on my own in a month, but a mead might take a couple of months...maybe more.

Blender 09-04-2008 04:12 AM

You will be fine then. You also can bottle out of a keg if you need to free up some space or just want several bottles to store.

bluespook 09-04-2008 04:14 AM

Thanks for the input. Just one of those little unknowns that pop into your head now and again while you're mulling over a purchase.

Blender 09-04-2008 04:17 AM

Kegging is great. Actually, your consumption may increase.:)

nystevecf 09-04-2008 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blender (Post 833055)
You will be fine then. You also can bottle out of a keg if you need to free up some space or just want several bottles to store.

Im thinking of getting a keg setup as well, how long would the bottles last if you bottled from the keg?

Blender 09-04-2008 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nystevecf (Post 833071)
Im thinking of getting a keg setup as well, how long would the bottles last if you bottled from the keg?

You know I am not exactly sure because I have not done it yet. I would bet it would be very similar to the standard bottling timeframe. Someone will come by and chime in that has some experience in doing it.

BigKahuna 09-04-2008 04:53 AM

Might point out that mead takes YEARS to make, and is super expensive...even to make, you might want to bottle that and enjoy it over the next few years instead of intending to quaff it over a few weeks.

nystevecf 09-04-2008 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blender (Post 833074)
You know I am not exactly sure because I have not done it yet. I would bet it would be very similar to the standard bottling timeframe. Someone will come by and chime in that has some experience in doing it.

Thanks. Do you have an opinion on this? MoreBeer | Basic Homebrew Draft System


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:46 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.