Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Keggerator building water in bottom

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2012, 01:00 AM   #1
Beer Please
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Keggerator building water in bottom

I have a Keggerator that I built from a standard fridge freezer 3 or 4 years ago and it keeps building up water in the bottom of the fridge area.

Any idea what would be causing it?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 01:02 AM   #2
alexdagrate
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Same Here

I converted a mini fridge with a freezer plate i had to bend out of the way. i think condensation builds on the freezer plate, melts, then pools at the bottom of the fridge.

I got one of those mini-humidifiers you plug in after they fill with moisture, but it doesnt seem to be helping much...

Old 06-15-2012, 04:09 AM   #3
johnsma22

Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts

More than likely the door seal is allowing moist air to infiltrate, freeze on the cold plate and then thaw and accumulate on the bottom. You're always going to get some condensate, no matter what you do, as the cold plate temp is below the dew point and you can't keep all the moist air out, but excessive amounts tend to point to a leaking door seal.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #4
Beer Please
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsma22 View Post
More than likely the door seal is allowing moist air to infiltrate, freeze on the cold plate and then thaw and accumulate on the bottom. You're always going to get some condensate, no matter what you do, as the cold plate temp is below the dew point and you can't keep all the moist air out, but excessive amounts tend to point to a leaking door seal.
I think you may be right about the leaking seal, because it does not always close correctly. I will look into fixing this and see if the problem is solved, thanks.

Quick Reply