Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Kegerator Temperature Different from Beer Temperature

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2011, 06:14 AM   #1
ZeroLozen
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Kegerator Temperature Different from Beer Temperature

Sorry for the repost...I posted this in the General Discussion part and thought I should move it here. Still learning the format for this forum, as it is quite large but chalked full of great knowledge. So here is my post from before:

I recently bought a Haier Kegerator. I am happy with it. How ever I do have a few questions.

I have a cup of water in it with a digital thermometer, which stays right around 35 degrees. Even after I pour 2 pints of beer and take the temperature of the beer it reads at about 42 degrees.

I have read about how adding a fan with hose to pump cold air into the tower, to chill that area. But even after 2 consecutive pours, shouldn't the temperature of the beer be closer to my kergerator temperature?

The keg has been in there for over 5 days, and have a good seal around the door. So I am not concerned about warm air entering the kegerator.

Am I missing something here? Any recommendations or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2011, 06:30 AM   #2
dutchoven
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

What is the volume of your keg? If you're talking 15 gallons, that could take quite a bit of time (weeks?) to equilibrate with the fridge temperature. Even my 5-gallon kegs take a bit of time to reach fridge temps.

A fan will definitely help.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:42 PM   #3
ZeroLozen
Recipes 

OK. Thank you for your help. I will lower the temperature a little and wait a little more.

Quick Reply