Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Kegerator Recommendations

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2007, 02:09 AM   #1
dirtymartini
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default Kegerator Recommendations

Anybody have any kegerator recommendations? I am building a bar and want to start using corny kegs with a kegerator.

Quote:
He brews beer AND is a pilot. There is no female on this planet that would tolerate both of those time- and money-consuming hobbies at once.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2007, 02:13 AM   #2
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 270 Times on 140 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I got a Haier Kegerator at Costco a couple of years ago for $449 for Father's Day. SWMBO gave me a 3 faucet tower upgrade this year for my birthday. Life is good.

You can build a two corny model for less using a Sanyo 4912, a two faucet tower, lines and a gas bottle.

Old 01-18-2007, 02:39 AM   #3
olllllo
[]-O-[]

Recipes 

Liked 126 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Have you not seen this year's most talked about diy thread since the walk in beer cooler?

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=14907

Also SANYO 4912:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/search.php?searchid=225104

Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 01-18-2007, 02:54 AM   #4
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

Liked 385 Times on 318 Posts
Likes Given: 105

If you're building one, I think Dude has a tower for sale pretty cheap.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 01-18-2007, 03:10 AM   #5
LarMoeCur
Recipes 

If your going to build a bar and you want bar style towers. I would go with a chest freeze and add a temp control. It will hold 6 or 8 kegs depending on the size. It would be super easy to run the lines to the taps at the bar. You can keep frosted glasses in there too.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:35 PM   #6
woodstone
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I'm finishing my basement with a bar, pool table, etc. I have a ceramic two faucet tower I bought on e-bay about a year ago for short money and I have two Sanyo 4912's still in the box that I bought 6-months ago because they were on sale. One will go under the bar for bottles and one will go under the bar with a fabricated stub up to the bar top where it will mate with the tower. For my setup, it was the only way to go for a clean professional look!

My $0.02.

Good luck!

Old 01-19-2007, 01:09 AM   #7
dirtymartini

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstone
I'm finishing my basement with a bar, pool table, etc. I have a ceramic two faucet tower I bought on e-bay about a year ago for short money and I have two Sanyo 4912's still in the box that I bought 6-months ago because they were on sale. One will go under the bar for bottles and one will go under the bar with a fabricated stub up to the bar top where it will mate with the tower. For my setup, it was the only way to go for a clean professional look!

My $0.02.

Good luck!

Here is a link to the bar I just started building. http://www.precision-images.com/corner_bar.htm
I 'm using Black Walnut that I have been scrounging for a couple of years. It has a space in the center for a standard size kegerator.

Quote:
He brews beer AND is a pilot. There is no female on this planet that would tolerate both of those time- and money-consuming hobbies at once.

Old 01-20-2007, 03:19 PM   #8
woodstone
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymartini
Here is a link to the bar I just started building. http://www.precision-images.com/corner_bar.htm
I 'm using Black Walnut that I have been scrounging for a couple of years. It has a space in the center for a standard size kegerator.
Very nice design. I need to get some pics of my basement on a thread here. I have some woodwork experience so just going to build mine from scratch...we want a British Pub-type theme so I'm probably going to use less expensive woods (hard wood for the top with just a bullnose), mouldings in the front to look like panels, etc., and paint the bar black.

Not sure how I'm going to set up the 4912 yet, but think I'm going to raise it up on a small platform under the bar so the top is almost flush and sealedwith the bar top bottom, then I can essentially cut a hole through the bar and the 4912 and plumb it all up.

Good luck!

Quick Reply