jsp maltmill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

insco2

Reaction score
anyone using one of these out there? I am looking to buy one, the lifetime warranty is a strong reason im considering it. Also the abilitiy to add a motor is also nice to.its a big purchase so you guyz could really help with your thoughts :)

I have the fixed roller JSP and have been completely happy with the crush it gives. im putting together a motor set up on mine as well.

insco2 you are currently using that motor? Thats pretty neat. No big pulleys and belts to deal with and the price is a great deal! How did you couple the mill shaft to the motor shaft?

i will probably use the same size pullys on each so i can move the motor down the side of the cabinet out of the way. As far as the wiring goes i think i will have to wait till i get the motor to see what the instructions say. I will keep you guyz up to beat with the events as they unravel.

To answer your question, I use the 'Barley Crusher'. After looking at all the mills and adding up how much all of the 'options' costed, this one was very reasonably priced. Pay one price and get everything you need. The handle, hopper, extra drive gears etc. are either included or not needed. I motorized mine using a motor from a clothes dryer and pulleys.

https://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=117&c=1&userid=962

well thanks for the suggestion dyerneed. I bought a Barley Crusher. I asked my buddy, my wife ,and my brother, simply, Maltmill or Barley Crusher? And well the Barley Crusher won. The bodine ought to be here in time for christmas. I will be keeping pics and note as the monster Bodine-Barley Crusher marriage takes place. Thanks for all your help guys!!!
Prost!!!!
Merry Christmas all!!!!

I have just deleted some negative comments about the product but the guy who did it spammed 7 threads.

He reckons the product is crap and the vendor rude.
I think the poster was biased and on a mission.

Back