LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2006, 01:49 AM   #11
disaffected
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikebryan
The problem with restraunt supply stores is that they won't sell to the public. You'll need a business license to purchase anything from them. You could try and persuade a legitimate customer to buy it for you, I guess.
You sure about that? That is definitely not true here. I go to AceMart Restaurant Supply all the time, and so do thousands of other people who aren't operating a business. They just ask you at the counter if it's taxable or not.

Heck, most restaurant supply stores would just go out of business if they didn't sell to the public too.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2006, 01:53 AM   #12
Beer Snob

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

The place near me would sell anything to anyone as well. For the price though you might as well get a converted Keg.

"Don't worry, have a homebrew." ,"The "Bible"

Cherries in the wheat
Michael's Wheat

Old 10-18-2006, 02:56 AM   #13
disaffected
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Snob
The place near me would sell anything to anyone as well. For the price though you might as well get a converted Keg.
I agree. A big 53 quart SS pot at AceMart was going to cost $175. And that's with no fitting for a ball valve. You'd have to drill it for weldless or have a fitting welded on. For $199 you can get an acid-cleaned keggle with two welded fittings for attachment of ball valve and sight tube or temp gauge or whatever.

Old 10-18-2006, 03:36 AM   #14
EvilTOJ

Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 3

This thread reminds me of something:

*Note to self* Gotta look at buying a turkey fryer on November 24th....

Old 10-18-2006, 01:22 PM   #15
Beer Weevel
Recipes 

Default Boil Pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staem
Thanks for all the feedback. I went out to a restaurant supplier & got a 24qt today. The next size up they have is the 40qt. I'm probably going to head back & swap mine out for the bigger size. The last thing I want to do is clean up boil-over. It will also be nice to have if I make bigger batches in the future.
I boil in a 40qt polarware pot and I've never had a boil over yet the added size gives you a little more time to catch it. Now that i've said this, the very next brew will probably boil over!!!!

Old 10-18-2006, 01:25 PM   #16
Beer Weevel
Recipes 

Default Smart and final

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikebryan
The problem with restraunt supply stores is that they won't sell to the public. You'll need a business license to purchase anything from them. You could try and persuade a legitimate customer to buy it for you, I guess.
Here in California we have a resturant suppy store called Smart and Final they have a wide range of pots from 4oz stainless to 100qt pots and they sell to the public pretty neet to see all the pots in the same place.

Old 10-18-2006, 03:12 PM   #17
Staem
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer4breakfast
I agree. A big 53 quart SS pot at AceMart was going to cost $175. And that's with no fitting for a ball valve. You'd have to drill it for weldless or have a fitting welded on. For $199 you can get an acid-cleaned keggle with two welded fittings for attachment of ball valve and sight tube or temp gauge or whatever.
speaking of drilling...anyone know if i need to do anything special to drill a hole in the lid of the stainless pot for a thermometer?

Old 10-18-2006, 03:21 PM   #18
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 899 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 26

With a Walmart on just about every square mile of the US, I think the $37 turkey fryer is such a no brainer. If you think you'll get a full boil going on your stove, you either have a restaurant style viking stove or you're wrong. Getting the fryer kit will save you the trouble of going out to buy a separate propane burner. I guarentee you'll be able to get 6.5 gallons boiling with the kit with no boilovers (unless you leave it on high and go watch football for an hour without watching it)

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Old 10-19-2006, 02:33 AM   #19
Beer Snob

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M
With a Walmart on just about every square mile of the US, I think the $37 turkey fryer is such a no brainer. If you think you'll get a full boil going on your stove, you either have a restaurant style viking stove or you're wrong. Getting the fryer kit will save you the trouble of going out to buy a separate propane burner. I guarentee you'll be able to get 6.5 gallons boiling with the kit with no boilovers (unless you leave it on high and go watch football for an hour without watching it)
Yeah but then your brewing OUTSIDE. If you got a SWMBO who has no kicked you out yet, why give her the idea?

"Don't worry, have a homebrew." ,"The "Bible"

Cherries in the wheat
Michael's Wheat

Old 10-19-2006, 02:28 PM   #20
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 899 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 26

I kicked myself out after i had to clean the stove from a boil over. I'd rather freeze my ass off than to scrub that again.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Quick Reply