New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Interest in a NPS Locknut?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
crazyworld
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default Interest in a NPS Locknut?

Hey guys. I had ordered a bunch of parts from proflowdynamics.com and without thinking, ordered 2 stainless steel 1/2" locknuts from them. They didnt specify whether they were NPT (tapered thread) or NPS (straight thread) and should have assumed they were NPT. When I received them, I realized they would not work as a true locknut as they don't thread all the way down a pipe nipple for a cooler MLT.

Apparently proflowdynamics moves a lot of these NPT locknuts but I was wondering if 1). anyone else has made the same mistake has I have and ordered the wrong one and 2.) who would be interested or would have purchased that from them if they sold a 1/2" stainless NPS version locknut? I just spoke with Michael from proflow and I don't want to steer him in the wrong direction if there is no demand for these. However, the only other place online I've seen them is bargainfittings.com

Thoughts?
Nick

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply