The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > input on danby kegerator

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2009, 01:43 AM   #1
defenestrate
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default input on danby kegerator

Danby Kegerator

this is on craigslist for 400, i might shoot the guy an email and give him a low ball just for the heck of it. any reviews or experience with it? i would like to put a a new tap on it, prob a 3 tap. thanks guys.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2009, 03:00 AM   #2
hopsalot
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by defenestrate View Post
Danby Kegerator

this is on craigslist for 400, i might shoot the guy an email and give him a low ball just for the heck of it. any reviews or experience with it? i would like to put a a new tap on it, prob a 3 tap. thanks guys.
rip off brother, unless you are in to fancy things that cost way to much... If you can us a drill and a saw zaw you can make you own kegerator out of a 12 pack of dr. pepper. An exaggeration but you get the point.. Long story short, Craigs List is great, but $600!!! They have fridges for free sometimes. I got one for $100, and could turn it into a 2-3 spout kegerator for less than $100. Think about it

http://bjsbrewery.blogspot.com/

Old 02-17-2009, 11:31 AM   #3
Baldy_Beer_Brewery
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 11

google Danby kegerator real well before paying too much. But if you pick it up cheap enough and are willing to make a few improvements, it makes a fine kegerator that will hold three cornys.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:35 AM   #4
JoeMama
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have a Danby that I picked up for $200 - I wouldnt have paid a cent more for it either. Dont get me wrong, its a good unit (and yes it holds 3 kegs) but as stated before you can go much cheaper. I liked this deal cause the tank/regulator came with it. I ended having to dump more $$$ into it to change over the sanke connection though. (Now to build the new tower)
-Me

Ergo Bibo Sum - I drink, therefore I am.

Eggo Bibo Sum - I drink, therefore I waffle.

Old 02-17-2009, 01:20 PM   #5
defenestrate

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopsalot View Post
rip off brother, unless you are in to fancy things that cost way to much... If you can us a drill and a saw zaw you can make you own kegerator out of a 12 pack of dr. pepper. An exaggeration but you get the point.. Long story short, Craigs List is great, but $600!!! They have fridges for free sometimes. I got one for $100, and could turn it into a 2-3 spout kegerator for less than $100. Think about it
the link is to a brand new unit that cost 600, i said that the one on craigslist is 400. i was going to see if he would bite on 200. i also found a guy that is getting rid of a 6 cubic ft mini fridge for 100-probably the route i'm going.

Old 02-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #6
MSUConrad
Recipes 

I have one and love it. I went the Danby route becuase it looks nice (wife let's me keep it inside) and it's almost ready to go out of the box. All you need is to spend a couple dollars on soda keg fittings.

You can buy a NEW one at Sam's club for $378. So the $200 range for a used one would be a good deal. Just make sure it comes with the reg and CO2 bottle. The unit comes from the factory with a keg stand (for 7gal kegs) and shelves to make it a fridge. So if that's not there, use that as ammo for your bid.

I also added to taps to mine. You can get the shanks from Micromatic.com for around $20 then just add your faucet. I have been really happy with mine. Stays as cold as I want (34 - 45 depending on the beer in there), holds three corny ball lock kegs (pin are fatter and you can only fit 2), and a 5 lb CO2 with reg on it.

Old 02-17-2009, 04:59 PM   #7
defenestrate

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

thanks for the replies. i've found a few more listed, and i'm definitely going to low ball-i'm in no rush, i'll just keep on bottling until i get a good deal i also found a converted full size fridge with two taps tank included for 300...hmm...

Old 02-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #8
Weizenheimer
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I think I only payed like $400 for my Danby brand new a Sams Club. Unless it is a commercial version that is way to much for a used one.

Old 02-17-2009, 05:42 PM   #9
defenestrate

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weizenheimer View Post
I think I only payed like $400 for my Danby brand new a Sams Club. Unless it is a commercial version that is way to much for a used one.
yeah i just saw online they are like 475. i found another person with one brand new in the box.

i'm finding a lot of chest freezers/mini fridges for <100 so i thinking about just doing one myself, although the deluxe kit from northern brewer @280 plus a 50-100 fridge/freezer could probably get me a used unit...

Quick Reply