Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Inline Trub Filter

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2011, 04:56 PM   #11
pola0502ds
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
Looks like it works pretty damn good! The only thing better would be to see a video of it actually draining to gauge how fast you can run it.

They mentioned the filtered bags, but there's not much more discussion about them. Seems like you'd want one for finer filtration? Maybe quicker cleanup? Both?

Makes me wonder if it could be used for fining beer as well...if you got the right micron sized bag?
What do you mean fining?

I've had this trub filter and adapter cover for the RIMS tube on order since the beginning of April. I've been waiting patiently! It just got delayed again to 6/6. Once I get it I will post a review.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2011, 09:13 PM   #12
thelorax121
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The only shortcoming that I see with the test is that it used boiling water only, and therefore there is no hotbreak or coldbreak (ie. trub) that the filter is contending with. The test does prove that it is an effective hop filter, but judging by how clogged the filter looked by the whole hops, it seems like a slew of coagulated protein would gunk it up a fair bit more. But who knows, it certainly is a pretty piece of equipment, and after I see some positive results with actual wort, I am sure i'll jump on the bandwagon.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:19 PM   #13
halucin8
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelorax121 View Post
The only shortcoming that I see with the test is that it used boiling water only, and therefore there is no hotbreak or coldbreak (ie. trub) that the filter is contending with. The test does prove that it is an effective hop filter, but judging by how clogged the filter looked by the whole hops, it seems like a slew of coagulated protein would gunk it up a fair bit more. But who knows, it certainly is a pretty piece of equipment, and after I see some positive results with actual wort, I am sure i'll jump on the bandwagon.

I totally agree. I will not drop the cash for this item until I see it work with wort, not just hop water.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:26 PM   #14
Mpez
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

There is another thread with results from real usage:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/trub...rdware-235608/

Old 06-29-2011, 08:27 PM   #15
halucin8