Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Indoor electric brewers unite, I need exhaust hood ideas!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2010, 05:33 PM   #21
AiredAle
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

Airbalancer,

I am in the final design stage of my all electric brewery ventilation system, and your ducts caught my eye. What is the material of construction of the ducts you are using? PVC? Any advantages over standard big box store galvanized steel ducting?

Also, I am going to build my vent hood from baltic birch plywood, since I don't want to spend big bucks on a stainless hood.

Anyone have any opinions on the shape of the vent hood - simple box versus tapered? Does it matter if the flow is fast enough to be turbulent in the hood?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2010, 04:42 PM   #22
Bowtiebrewery
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Here is my hood solution:

Its over 900cfm's of pulling power NT Air

No problem at all handling boils... And because my setup is temporary I have it going through a wall into my garage and out the window for brew sessions... Have yet to do an actual brew session due to waiting on some customized parts but it definitely can pushes the water vapor out...

Old 11-08-2010, 06:30 PM   #23
kal
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 210 Times on 144 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Hi guys,

I've finally gotten around to documenting the ventilation system used in my brewery.
Take a look here: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/ventilation

Some pictures:

Testing with a prototype hood:

The final hood installed:

Kal

Old 07-24-2014, 12:21 PM   #24
kevreh
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbalancer View Post
I used a Shortridge ADM-860C micromanometer with a pitot tube to traverse the duct
The hood is just a rectangular to round duct fitting from HD. Its just semi temporary till I find something better.

Mike

Did you ever update your hood? I have the same type of vortex fan, and used a foam hood like kal's early version. Getting a lot of moisture and dripping water in the opening in the hood that the fan is connected to. Fwiw, my fan is right above the hood. Wonder if that makes water collect more. ?

I dont want to spend $$$$ on a nice ss hood, so may make one and put a moisture channel like kal shows.

My eBrewery

Quick Reply