Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Immersion chiller - faucet hookup question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2009, 10:03 PM   #1
ArcaneXor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 91 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default Immersion chiller - faucet hookup question

Now that copper prices are starting to be more reasonable, I'm thinking about building a simple 50' 3/8" immersion chiller that I would like to hook up to my standard kitchen faucet via vinyl tubing that is attached to the chiller with hose clamps or zip ties (to keep things simple). Eventually, I'd like to expand the setup with a pre-chiller or small, submersible pump since the tapwater stays around 78 degrees during the summer.

Being utterly illiterate when it comes to plumbing parts, can anyone point me to which part(s) I need to connect the vinyl tube to the faucet? I would prefer not to constantly replace the aerator, so I am wondering if they make replacement aerators with external threads that a hose barb could be hooked up to as needed. Descriptions, pictures and/or part numbers of what I need would be appreciated.

Thanks for any pointers.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2009, 10:24 PM   #2
mbird
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Yes, they make a part that has external male garden hose thread. Use that on the faucet and on the vinyl tubing they have a barbed/female hose thread. They also have this configuration in standard pipe thread.
mark
Beer Diary...

Old 02-26-2009, 10:32 PM   #3
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4962 Times on 4525 Posts
Likes Given: 60

You could also look for a portable dishwasher faucet coupler.

Quick Reply