Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Im switching to better bottles !!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2008, 05:43 PM   #11
cnoyes
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I just switched to Better Bottle for primary, from an Ale Pail. I needed to use a blowoff for the first time. Good thing I caught it before it blasted all over the ceiling.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2008, 05:53 PM   #12
JimiGibbs
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I just started with two better bottles and I love them. So much lighter.... Probably going to add a couple more pretty soon.
Jimi

Old 02-18-2008, 08:46 PM   #13
Vels
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Wow, thanks all for your quick answers.

I think i will order to replace my glass, and then keep my buckets as primarys. That way i only have to go down ½ gallon in batch size.

I will part with the glass. Strange enough there are still takers for those 70's style balloons.
I once had 2 very old east german mouth blown balloons. I parted with number 2 after number 1 cracked on me. Luckily i was just putting it down on the floor empty when it cracked all way around.

Soon one less thing to worry about.

Cheers
Jakob

Old 02-18-2008, 09:43 PM   #14
RLinNH

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 8

This thread has me pondering the thought of Changing over to BB's.

On DeckWitches Brew IPA
Primary Bee Cave Kolsch, Simcoe Sevada
Secondary nope
Bottled SSBC Club Brew 2013
Kegged Bee Cave Kolsch
On Tap Bee Cave Kolsch

Old 02-19-2008, 02:24 PM   #15
67coupe390

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan!
I haven't heard stories about people losing hands and feet. Please, do tell [*gathers 'round the campfire*]

I have all glass, mainly because they were all given or loaned to me. If I need to purchase more at any point, I'll probably go better bottle, but in the meantime, I just keep all my carboys in plastic milk crates.
I think it starts out ......... Three guys walk into a bar. The first one orders a beer......

Coupe 390

Old 02-20-2008, 01:27 AM   #16
Kevin Dean

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I have a single glass carboy because that is what was given to me. It was my first secondary stage vessel, and it's not done me wrong.

That said, every brewer expands and as I expanded I never bought more glass. Better Bottles are lighter and (in my case) a buck cheaper so I saw zero cons for Better Bottles. The ideas of thermal shock alone make me feel my money is better spend in BB's.

In general, I like my Better Bottle but glass works and can be decently safe. Don't toss money down the drain replacing glass unless you don't feel comportable working with the glass anymore, but I recommend to anyone expanding, buy BB's.

"What's your name? Well my mom calls me Son, and my cat calls me Meow, either will do." -- Sam Dodson of the Obscured Truth Network

Old 02-20-2008, 01:30 AM   #17
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2751 Times on 1650 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Dean
I have a single glass carboy because that is what was given to me. It was my first secondary stage vessel, and it's not done me wrong.

That said, every brewer expands and as I expanded I never bought more glass. Better Bottles are lighter and (in my case) a buck cheaper so I saw zero cons for Better Bottles. The ideas of thermal shock alone make me feel my money is better spend in BB's.

In general, I like my Better Bottle but glass works and can be decently safe. Don't toss money down the drain replacing glass unless you don't feel comportable working with the glass anymore, but I recommend to anyone expanding, buy BB's.
I agree with you...I have my glass carboy that came with my kit...but as I needed more, I went for better bottles. I'll probably start using the glass one for longer term aging, because I will be moving it around a lot less...

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Quick Reply