I Need Brewery Design Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cookiedds

Reaction score
I'm moving my brewery from the kitchen to the garage for several reasons; It generates too much heat (and mess) in the house, especially in the summer. Easier clean up. I can leave it set up full time which will make it easier to brew on impulse and not worry about keeping the house clean for company. It will be fun & challenging to set up a garage brewery.
I am trying to keep it low budget and am planning on a 3 burner natural gas setup, still utilizing my cooler as a mash tun and slowly converting it to a RIMS system over time. I am using Hurricane NG burners and welding the frame in place. I am also putting in a vent Hood. I am installing a large laundry sink and already have a drain in place.
What features would you put in your brewery if you were starting from scratch? I'd love your feedback before I start building this thing.

i put everything on wheels (except the spare dishwasher).
racks for grainmill, tubing/parts/pump, and kegs.

i have a small room, and a need to move things for cleaning, and brewing.
CO monitor and fire extinguisher.
lights and speakers.

i put everything on wheels (except the spare dishwasher).
racks for grainmill, tubing/parts/pump, and kegs.

i have a small room, and a need to move things for cleaning, and brewing.
CO monitor and fire extinguisher.
lights and speakers.

Good Ideas, I have a stereo in the garage as well as fire extinguishers. A CO2 monitor is a must, thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks, realized that after I reviewed my last post. I should install CO2 monitors on my carboys ;-)

Lots of good ideas on my filterable, sortable list of homebrewing systems! Click the link in the sig for inspiration.

Great site, lots of systems to look over.

Last night I plumbed 1" NG black pipe to the brewery area. Tonight I'm plumbing h&c water with an inline carbon filter and a large laundry sink with a sprayer. I'm considering putting in a 12' length of counter top and mounting the Hurricane burners/ring stands on it and plumbing the gas/valves all in black pipe to the burners. Foresee any problems with this approach? I'd like to get some counter workspace with easy clean up (built in backsplash) and it seemed logical to me. This is not going to be a mobile brewery and will have a large vent Hood over the burners.

Back