The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Hurricane burner and my new Single Tier

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
tipsyirishman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Hurricane burner and my new Single Tier

Hey everyone, finally broke down and had a local guy weld a single tier stand for me. I am pretty pumped to say the least!!! So i am starting to mount my new hurricane burners from NB. Who else is using these in a single or multi tier? I only bought one regulator in hopes of plumbing all three burners together with gas shutoff valves. My question is do I need to use the brass valve see below or can i just get a threaded fitting and go right into the burner?

Here she is so far...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2009, 10:14 PM   #2
FailureDrill
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Looks really solid, update as you work on it.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:39 PM   #3
Ragutis
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyirishman View Post
Hey everyone, finally broke down and had a local guy weld a single tier stand for me. I am pretty pumped to say the least!!! So i am starting to mount my new hurricane burners from NB. Who else is using these in a single or multi tier? I only bought one regulator in hopes of plumbing all three burners together with gas shutoff valves. My question is do I need to use the brass valve see below or can i just get a threaded fitting and go right into the burner?

Here she is so far...

Click free photos.
Looks nice. I don't know about the valve though.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:47 PM   #4
leboeuf
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The hurricane burners use such a low pressure that the ball valve you have a pic of is used to control the flow. Is your regulator adjustable? I've seen some low pressure setups like this ship with a fixed regulator and ball valve, and the ball valve is used to adjust the flow.

I think others on here have talked about using the hurricane with a low pressure adjustable regulator; I can't see why it wouldn't work.

Btw I use the hurricane on NG and have only the NG ball valve for controlling gas flow.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:02 PM   #5
Catt22
Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 51

That valve appears to have an integrated gas orifice on the left end. The burners won't operate properly without the orifice in place, so just any old gas valve won't work.

FWIW, an adjustable pressure regulator is just that; adjustable. There's a variety of them available and the ones I have seen range from 0-10 psi, 0-20 psi, 0-30 psi and 0-60 psi. I can't tell you which would work best with your hurricane burners. I think if I were building a rig I would use individual adjustable regulators on each burner and feed them through a gas rail.

Quick Reply