How's this pot look?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chefchris

Reaction score
Going AG. Knowing me I'll probably do a 10 gallon batch here or there so I thought why not go ahead and get the size pot I'd need. I just like to run things by you guys first. :)

Found this in another thread.

Linkage

Last edited by a moderator:
Put a port in the side of that thing, and you'll be fine. I pity the fool that attempts to pour 10 gallons.

Also, you may want to keep careful track of what your evap rate is on your first batch. If you do an five gallon batches, you're going to lose more to evaporation than on a 10 gallon batch. I only mention this because I overshot my gravity on a small batch by A LOT because of this.

You might want to check out 60 qt. NSF Medium Weight Aluminum Stock Pot. I bought the 40qt model and like it very much. The aluminum is so thick on it I drilled and tapped it for 3/8ths pipe and screwed a nipple into it and attached a valve. No leaks. No need for a bulkhead fitting. The lid is seperate so you have to buy it too.

You might want to check out 60 qt. NSF Medium Weight Aluminum Stock Pot. I bought the 40qt model and like it very much. The aluminum is so thick on it I drilled and tapped it for 3/8ths pipe and screwed a nipple into it and attached a valve. No leaks. No need for a bulkhead fitting. The lid is seperate so you have to buy it too.

Oh, nice! Even cheaper! Do I need a lid with this?

Couldn't I just siphon the wort out of the pot?

Oh, nice! Even cheaper! Do I need a lid with this?

Couldn't I just siphon the wort out of the pot?

A lid is nice to have but not required. By putting the lid on while heating up it will heat up faster. Also it is good to have to put on after the boil during cool down to keep anything from getting in the wort.

You can siphon the wort out but a spigot makes it much easier.

Got any pics of this setup?

Latest posts

Back