Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > How Much Would it Cost For Kegging Equipment?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2008, 08:14 PM   #1
Jewrican
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default How Much Would it Cost For Kegging Equipment?

I have a current home brew setup and just bottled my first beer. I am curious to know exactly what I can expect to purchase for a keg setup.

How much would it cost?
Exactly what would I need?

Thanks for your help. I just need to know what I need to talk the wifey into I want to use the freezer chest that we are getting for free for some kegs.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2008, 08:28 PM   #2
Boerderij_Kabouter

Recipes 

Liked 119 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 11

This is too broad of a question. Do you want the minimum number? Or do you want a price for the full shebang with kegerator setup? For the kegerator part, count on $100 per tap (conservative). You may be able to find a CO2 tank for cheaper than retail so ~$40-80. Corny kegs typically run $30 a pop. I'm not sure on regs off the top of my head. Do a search for keezer and/or kegerator to get some ideas.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:26 PM   #3
Jewrican
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 10

What more can i provide you with so that everyone can better answer? I would like to do about 3 or 4 kegs total... depending on the price, i may only want to do 2 kegs total. What is needed / different about a 2 keg setup vs a 3 keg setup?

Thanks for your help! I am just trying to get an idea of cost to see if it is something that I want to invest in.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:32 PM   #4
Professor Frink

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

Well, say you want to do 4 kegs worth:

Chest freezer - $200
4 taps and shanks - $100
4 cornies - $120
CO2 tank and regulator - $100
Lines, disconnects, etc. - $25
Drip trays (optional) - $50
Collar - $15

So all told, you're probably looking at about $600. The above setup is what I have, and it's worth every penny.

On tap:Amber Ale
Milk Stout

Lagering:

http://www.lazydogbrewery.com

Old 09-20-2008, 09:58 PM   #5
Boerderij_Kabouter

Recipes 

Liked 119 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I think the 4 taps and 4 shanks will cost you a bit more than $100. I just bought mine yesterday, and spent $202.59 shipped for 4 regular shanks and 4 perlick forward seal faucets. These faucets are superior to the regular faucets because they do not stick and are machined from 100% stainless. If you go here:

Restaurant Supplies at Superior Products - The Name You Trust, The Choices You Need.

The perlicks are very cheap from that site and it is only around 5-6 bucks to upgrade. I thought it was worth it.

So all told, 4 taps and 4 kegs, I think $600-700 could get you there if you ordered everything today. If you are patient and watch ebay/craiglist/here, you may be able to do it cheaper. If I were you, I would get clearance for $800, and then you will not have to worry or cut corners.

Cheers!

Old 09-20-2008, 11:04 PM   #6
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 974 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I priced my project out here: Equipment scroll to the bottom.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Quick Reply