The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > How much for KAB4 Bayou??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 04:41 AM   #1
IndianaBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default How much for KAB4 Bayou??

I'm interested in buying a KAB4 bayou burner from someone locally on Craigslist. What is a fair price?

I found one new online with free shipping for $67.99.

Thanks for your help

Old 12-03-2012, 05:00 AM   #2
Golddiggie
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 472 Times on 417 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Depends on the condition of those on CL... If in mint, not much from the cost of new. If beat to hell, no more than 1/2 the cost of new.

Keep in mind, just because YOU can find them for ~$68 now, doesn't mean the other person did. He could have gotten it recently, and paid more.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #3
IndianaBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Thanks for your input Golddiggie! I offered $40 and they are asking $50. I have yet to see the condition of the burner.

If anyone else wants to chime in...

Does $40 or $50 seem fair?

Btw I would be using this burner on my keggle. Would like to have the power for 10 gal batches.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #4
Golddiggie
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 472 Times on 417 Posts
Likes Given: 266

You'll want to make sure to do some tweaking to give yourself more area to rest the keggle on with the burner frame. It can be a very close fit there (was when I had one). You'll also want to make a shroud to go between the current one and to under the keggle bottom skirt. Otherwise, it won't perform as well as you might like. All that are just a few of the reasons why I'm glad I use the Blichmann burners now.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Quick Reply