How to get fittings to line up?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJBrewVT

Reaction score
What's the secret to getting ball valves or elbows to line up in the direction you want? I've tried using lots of thread tape but can't seem to get it lined up right. I tried searching and didn't really find anything.

What's the secret to getting ball valves or elbows to line up in the direction you want? I've tried using lots of thread tape but can't seem to get it lined up right. I tried searching and didn't really find anything.

Are you tightening until it won't go anymore? You don't really need to do it that way. Just tighten until it's moderately tight and adjusted in the angle you want.

MC

A properly assembled pipe fitting with a round or two of tape should be able to be tightened one full turn past hand tight. Since our equipment is low pressure this will definately be tight enough to prevent leaks and not require "popeye" arms to loosen or tighten. Try using about a 12 Inch pipe wrench and see if that won't line you up. Just remember do not go past where you want it to be or you will have to do it all over again. Hope this helps.
Bob

Back