Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > How do you guys move your wort to your fermenters.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2008, 01:27 AM   #21
D*Bo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

The bottom tier is on a sleeve which makes it liftable with a boat winch:

[/QUOTE]

You stole my idea!
except mine has all three moveable so everything can be done from ground level.

if the spigot is installed thru a threaded bung that is tapped all the way thru to the interior of the kettle you can do as I have.
I took a stainless braided washing machine hose (ensure it is stainless and not plastic made to look like stainless). Cut off both ends and remove the vinyl tubing. Fold one end over a few times and pinch it shut. Install a barbed fitting into the interior of the kettle (may have to back the valve off a bit from the outside) and install the braid with a stainless hose clamp.
It filters the hot break (cold break too if you chill in the kettle) and hops.
Try and find the larger diameter braided hose and barbed fitting to minimize the reduction in flow.

Sanitize a piece of tubing from the spigot to the fermenter.

(oh yeah, watch out for free ends after you cut the fittings off the braid. Those bastards will stab you. As small as they are you'd be amazed at how much they hurt and bleed.

Drinking Oatmeal Chocolate Stout, Oaked Bourbon Chocolate Stout, Dry Mead)
Up NextScottish ale and Dopple Bock

Always ready for the wack snack attack, I carry sandwiches around in a straight edge style JanSports backpack.

Support your local businesses

Last edited by D*Bo; 04-23-2008 at 01:30 AM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply