Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > How did you mount your plate chiller?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
WormBoy
Chief Bottle Washer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default How did you mount your plate chiller?

I am considering a few different configurations for mounting my plate chiller/pump assembly and would love to hear any lessons learned from all the HBT experience out there. It seems like mounting the pump inlet and chiller wort inlet facing downward allows air bubbles to travel upward and out, possibly minimizing any air pocket issue if hose connections aren't 100%. Any other suggestions? Photos would be greatly appreciated of how you have yours plumbed. Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
OneHoppyGuy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
HomeBrewTalk 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Mount the chiller in such away so as to allow gravity draining after final rinse.

Pump outlet should face up so that the bottom of the pump head fills with liquid.

Brewright. All Rights Reserved. We reserve the right to brew and to help you brew. To protect the brew and defend the brew. To make the brew and drink the brew.

BrewSteel.com
BrewSteel on Facebook

3PegBrew Likes This 
Old 01-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #3
WormBoy
Chief Bottle Washer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Perfect, thanks