Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Hoses

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2010, 07:39 PM   #1
RegionalChaos
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Hoses

As I upgrade my brewing process, I'm realizing its time to start getting some good hoses. What are people using? I've been searching the forum, but not finding an explicit answer. My immediate need is going to be from the BK to a CFC, then beyond the CFC to ferment vessel. I see reference to Silicone hoses, but I imagine there are a lot of different kinds on the market...

Planned House Ales: an Amber, an IPA, a dark IPA, a Mango Ale, a blueberry oatmeal stout, a dry Irish stout, a honey wheat, Apfelwien

What kind of R-Value does your ferm chamber need? - http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/what...hamber-190459/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2010, 07:44 PM   #2
arturo7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 160 Times on 126 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My feeling is that hoses are wear items. I use them a few times then toss them.

Hey, knock that shvt off. We're drinkin' here.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:47 PM   #3
RegionalChaos
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Austin Homebrew sells Silicone and Thermoplastic hoses. So I guess those are the ones I'm looking for. Rated for high temp.. Siphon and Racking hoses are a lot cheaper and I tend to replace those once they get stained. Kinda move them through the brewery progressively, ending life as a run off tube. How long can people use Silicone and Thermoplastic without replacing? All I want them for right now is to xfer hot wort to a chiller, and from the chiller to a carboy.

Planned House Ales: an Amber, an IPA, a dark IPA, a Mango Ale, a blueberry oatmeal stout, a dry Irish stout, a honey wheat, Apfelwien

What kind of R-Value does your ferm chamber need? - http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/what...hamber-190459/

Quick Reply