Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > AN Honest Opinion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
Simphoto02
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default AN Honest Opinion

Ryan Karasek with Carboy Cleaner sent me one of his new Keg cleaners along with my order of the regular carboy cleaner. I was not expecting it, he just offered it after I emailed him asking if he had plans to make one for the sanke kegs and those of us who want to ferment in those beasts.

He sent one and asked me to give my opinion on it. Let me be repeat myself. I placed and order with him for the carboy version and he sent me the keg one to test. Sending that Keg version was the only "Compensation" I have received for this opinion.

WOW

I am not sure how i will ever be able to see just how well it works, but I just used it on an old AB sanke and it is the SH*&S!!!! The old dental mirror says it did GREAT!!!!!

It really wants to vibrate on you if you don't keep the drill and the rod as close to vertical as you can, but I could feel it slapping against the side walls and top near the bung as well as the bottom. I just know it cleaned that keg as good as AB ever did. His video of the carboy version is VERY convincing and I am pretty sure the keg version works just as well.

http://www.carboycleaner.com/index.html

Now if I can only find some glass kegs so I can see this Beast work.

HOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got tired of waiting for our savior to save the economy, so I jumped into all grain, What the hell!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2010, 11:39 PM   #2
Phunhog
Recipes 

Liked 141 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Hey I am thinking about getting one of these for sanke kegs. Are you still happy with the product? Thanks. Al

Old 11-19-2010, 10:50 AM   #3
Simphoto02
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunhog View Post
Hey I am thinking about getting one of these for sanke kegs. Are you still happy with the product? Thanks. Al
Yes I really like them. They work alot better that anything else I have ever tried. I got a lighted dental mirror to check the inside top of the sanke's. works ok but the Carboy Cleaner works GREAT!!!!!

HOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got tired of waiting for our savior to save the economy, so I jumped into all grain, What the hell!!!

Quick Reply