Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Help Wiring Honeywell Y8610U Gas Control Valve and Pilot Burner

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2008, 12:39 AM   #11
cdburg
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

The polishing is definitely a huge PITA. The design we settled on used a lot of seam welds that all needed to be ground and then sanded before polishing. I've been grinding and sanding for weeks. When it's all done though, it should look very nice.

I'll post the final pictures when it's all polished, probably next weekend. Thanks again for your help.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #12
cdburg
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Time to dig up my own ancient post to see if anyone has thoughts on troubleshooting an issue with the Honeywell valve. During my last brew day, I ran into an issue with the valve not lighting the pilot. The auto spark ran, but the valve never seemed to recognize the spark and turn on the gas to the pilot light. I was able to hold a flame from a lighter over the sensor to get the valve to turn on the main gas, so the brew day wasn't lost.

I disconnected and reattached all of the wires on the valve, and it didn't change anything. It doesn't seem to be a loose connection. Any thoughts on troubleshooting the pilot gas supply?

Old 07-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #13
cdburg
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

In case it helps anyone down the road, check your pilot burner orifice first, to make sure it's clear.

I took apart the entire Honeywell valve setup (controller and valve) and swapped out the thermocouple, and it didn't change anything. Only then did I think to check the pilot burner. The orifice inside it was completely blocked. I cleaned it out, and the problem is solved. On the bright side, I now have backup parts for the entire automated burner set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdburg View Post
Time to dig up my own ancient post to see if anyone has thoughts on troubleshooting an issue with the Honeywell valve. During my last brew day, I ran into an issue with the valve not lighting the pilot. The auto spark ran, but the valve never seemed to recognize the spark and turn on the gas to the pilot light. I was able to hold a flame from a lighter over the sensor to get the valve to turn on the main gas, so the brew day wasn't lost.

I disconnected and reattached all of the wires on the valve, and it didn't change anything. It doesn't seem to be a loose connection. Any thoughts on troubleshooting the pilot gas supply?

Quick Reply