Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Help from NG brewers/plumbers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2008, 07:26 AM   #1
JAKlaassen
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Help from NG brewers/plumbers

Hi all,

Sorry if this is elsewhere, I searched and read the NG threads and didn't find exactly what I'm interested in.

I am thinking about non-LP options. My house has NG water heater, dryer, furnace and I'm wondering about the NG jet burners available from B3, etc. Obviously people mostly (and are supposed to) use these things outside, but they presumably keep their brew kit inside. Do you cart your kettles into the backyard with the adjustable wrench and screw it onto the gas stub? Are there gas QDs?

Also, I am very DIY inclined, but am also inclined to have a plumber deal with the NG. I would be interested in having a tee put in an existing gas line and a stub put somewhere near where I want to brew in the backyard. This will probably be a run of 15-20 ft. Can a gas stub w/ valve be put in like this? What does code require it to look like? Can it end outside? Does anyone have any idea about what I'm looking at to have a plumber do this?

Thanks a lot.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2008, 08:36 AM   #2
Jaybird
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
HomeBrewTalk 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 249 Times on 175 Posts
Likes Given: 86

"D" all the above... Yes you can have a Plumber do all the stuff your talking about you will have to have the gas disconnected from your main so you can pressure test it. above that yes you can have a stub end outside. I would suggest a locking type disconect so when your not connected you can lock it and it wont get turned on, or just put a cap over it. I dont see any reason you cant brew inside with your NG burners ( you do in your house on your stove dont you?) Just be safe and ventilate the area well.
Cheers
JJ

I have been making custom False Bottoms for just about everything since 2008

Nor Cal Brewing Solutions, Reddings local homebrew store
(530)243-BEER and (530)221-WINE

Still have questions PM me here or hit the website.

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com and like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NorCalBrewingSolutionsfor Facebook only promos too

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply