Help needed with cooler problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docbee

Reaction score
:( Well this stinks. I was dumping my grains out of my mash cooler and the lid caught on my shoulder and ripped the lid strap out from the inside of the cooler along with a 3" narrow strip from the inside lining of the cooler.

What can I use to "glue" this strip back in and seal the section safely with the heat involved with mashing????

What kind of cooler are we talking about here? With Winter approaching fast I can't imagine coolers to be much of a costly iteam now to be worth the hassle or worry of distroying a brew(picture it leaking in the inside section of the cooler and you not knowing about it till the end.....).

Beer Snob said:
What kind of cooler are we talking about here? With Winter approaching fast I can't imagine coolers to be much of a costly iteam now to be worth the hassle or worry of distroying a brew(picture it leaking in the inside section of the cooler and you not knowing about it till the end.....).

That is true, but I just fixed it up for AG and only had two brew sessions with it so far.

Any two-part marine epoxy should handle both the heat and keep it sealed. That's what I used on the spigot for my Ice Cube.

david_42 said:
Any two-part marine epoxy should handle both the heat and keep it sealed. That's what I used on the spigot for my Ice Cube.

Thanks will find that and give a try!!!:rockin:

Put a thin layer of marine epoxy, then put a layer of fiberglass on it and then more epoxy. Don't use too much epoxy, just enough to wet the glass. Roughen the area up first so the epoxy will stick to the plastic and don't use 5 minute epoxy if you want it to last.

A two part epoxy will probably work. Clean the surfaces well before and after. Use a sand bag to hold the parts together while the glue sets.

Back