Help Me decide on which pump - March 815 or Chugger SS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuhndog

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I can get both for the same price....$125 SO - which one do you suggest?

I'm all for buying American made products but I don't know if the March 815 is made in the US with US parts....otherwise I guess the Chugger would be good enough.

Thanks in advance.

I work for DoD but not active or former active.

So the question stands if I can get a March 815 and a Chugger SS for the same price - which would you pick?

It would be so easy for me if that Chugger SS face was US and not Chinese. Because the performance of both of them are pretty darn close.

Here is the run down:

Chugger: All made in China
March: Motor...Mexico..'Magnets.... China..... Plastic US ..then assembled here

We have put a lot of time and energy into manufacturing a better product for less money to save fellow brewers some cash. Unfortunately it is next to impossible to mfg these pumps in the US and keep the pricing down. Plastic Pumps are $99.00.. I am ex DOD employee email Chugger and i will offer the military discount

Mike

I work for DoD but not active or former active.

So the question stands if I can get a March 815 and a Chugger SS for the same price - which would you pick?

It would be so easy for me if that Chugger SS face was US and not Chinese. Because the performance of both of them are pretty darn close.

I'm convinced. I would go with Chugger

nowhere in my rig to put it, but I might buy a pump just to give them business.

The March stainless heads are made in the USA I believe. I have received amazing customer service from March, so they will get my business.

I also understand the dealer for Chugger is a real stand up guy too.

I think this is a win-win regardless of which you choose.

I will say that I am sure you would do well going either way, but I will also say that the Chugger crew and Mike have been fantastic to deal with in all my interactions and stand by their stuff 100%. Don't think you will go wrong either way.

Back