Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Help with Love digital controller error :(

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2011, 11:43 PM   #1
Vwchris
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ashland, Ohio
Posts: 8
Default Help with Love digital controller error :(

I just installed a Love TSX3-500122 and in keeps giving me an EP2 error. What do I do to fix this. The instruction sheet tells what the error is (probe error) but the probe is hooked up and does register the temperature. Apparently it has something to do with defrost??? Please help! Thanks.

__________________
Vwchris is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2011, 12:35 AM   #2
ClaudiusB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 1,271
Liked 58 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vwchris View Post
I just installed a Love TSX3-500122 and in keeps giving me an EP2 error. What do I do to fix this. The instruction sheet tells what the error is (probe error) but the probe is hooked up
EP2 means defrost probe #2 bad (open, shorted, etc.) or wiring problem.

Quote:
does register the temperature. Apparently it has something to do with defrost??? Please help! Thanks.
Display and compare probe #1 temp to probe #2 without removing the probes, should be the same if placed close to each other.

Are both probes the same type?

Post wiring pics.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB
ClaudiusB is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2011, 02:07 PM   #3
Vwchris
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ashland, Ohio
Posts: 8
Default

When I ordered it the customer service lady said I only needed 1 probe. I questioned It since there were two hookup spots.

Wiring for the power side:
White - neutral (6)
Black - incoming power from the backside of the original freezer controller (7)
Green - jumper from power to one leg of open contact (7) to (8)
Green - from other side of open contact to compressor (9)

Wiring for probe:
Probe wires - neutral and probe hookup 1 (3) and (4)

Where should the other probe hook to?

Sorry, new here and still figuring the site out. Not sure how to post pics yet. Thank you for the help!

__________________
Vwchris is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #4
ClaudiusB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 1,271
Liked 58 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vwchris View Post
When I ordered it the customer service lady said I only needed 1 probe. I questioned It since there were two hookup spots.

Wiring for the power side:
White - neutral (6)
Black - incoming power from the backside of the original freezer controller (7)
Green - jumper from power to one leg of open contact (7) to (8)
Green - from other side of open contact to compressor (9)

Wiring for probe:
Probe wires - neutral and probe hookup 1 (3) and (4)

Where should the other probe hook to?

Sorry, new here and still figuring the site out. Not sure how to post pics yet. Thank you for the help!
To get you going set P6 to NO
Temp probe #2 connects to terminal 2 & 3 if your set-up requires it.

Why did you pick the TSX3 series over the TS?

Cheers,
ClaudiusB
ClaudiusB is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2011, 04:30 PM   #5
Vwchris
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ashland, Ohio
Posts: 8
Default

Ok, I'll try it. Thanks.
I used this controller because of a design on here and in the last BYO magazine. It showed using a TSX-10140 but I was told it was no longer available and this was the replacement for it.

So 1 probe on 2-3 and the other on 3-4 correct?

Thank you for the help!

__________________
Vwchris is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2011, 05:03 PM   #6
Vwchris
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ashland, Ohio
Posts: 8
Default

I tried to set P6 to NO but it wouldn't let me. I would change to no and when hitting set it would flip back to yes. Only way to get out of the screen was to have it "yes"? Any ideas? Thanks.

__________________
Vwchris is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2011, 09:07 PM   #7
ClaudiusB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 1,271
Liked 58 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vwchris View Post
I tried to set P6 to NO but it wouldn't let me. I would change to no and when hitting set it would flip back to yes. Only way to get out of the screen was to have it "yes"? Any ideas? Thanks.
Can you change any parameters?
If yes lets try this first, set d2 to 0 (disables defrost)
Now try P6.

Quote:
I used this controller because of a design on here and in the last BYO magazine. It showed using a TSX-10140 but I was told it was no longer available and this was the replacement for it.
The TS or TSS2 series would have been a better choice for your application.


Cheers,
ClaudiusB
__________________
My Brewery Pics
Grain Mill Glycol Chiller
Keg Washer
ClaudiusB is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2011, 12:08 AM   #8
Vwchris
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ashland, Ohio
Posts: 8
Default

Changed d2 to 0 but still not able to change p6 to no

__________________
Vwchris is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2011, 03:14 AM   #9
ClaudiusB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 1,271
Liked 58 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vwchris View Post
Changed d2 to 0 but still not able to change p6 to no
Include one more besides P6 and d2.
Set d12 to SD1

Cheers,
ClaudiusB
__________________
My Brewery Pics
Grain Mill Glycol Chiller
Keg Washer
ClaudiusB is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #10
Dr1nkBeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nutley, NJ
Posts: 343
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Default

Fellas, do you have a diagram for this.. i bought one for my freezer and i'm thinking i'm straight with the wiring... but i dont want to blow anything and want to get it right the first time.. I have the tsx3-500122 and I want to do the following:

1. Run one plug to the wall from the unit for power.
2. Run the relay to an outlet on the back side of the fridge where i'll have the Compressor and a small wall-wart that will power my 9v fan.

Any help appreciated... if you can use actual numbers from the panel on the back that would be great and easy.

__________________
Dr1nkBeer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cheap Digital Temperature Controller csafley Equipment/Sanitation 3 05-18-2011 01:43 PM
Digital Temp Controller ?'s skibumdc Equipment/Sanitation 3 10-13-2009 01:52 PM
Digital thermometer piggybacked to a Love Controller Displaced MassHole Equipment/Sanitation 3 10-01-2008 03:38 AM
Analog or Digital Johnson Controller? Tankard Equipment/Sanitation 8 08-01-2008 05:44 PM
Digital VS Analog Temp Controller Alamo_Beer Equipment/Sanitation 18 07-31-2007 12:42 AM