Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Help choosing a SS conical

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2010, 07:28 PM   #41
Jipper
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

No, by these I simply meant conicals.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2010, 03:13 AM   #42
zymurgy101
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakins View Post
Have to get it into cooler, which is about 24" from the floor,and then bottle it again if I bottle/keg straight from it. moving 5 gallons of beer in a conical is much easier than moving 10.
Blichmann Ferminators have handles; the 7g and 14g models can be moved when full...according to the website. I have to go up a couple of stairs from my patio (brewstation) to inside my house for fermentation. However, I like the features of the MoreBeer version and it is made in the USA! Just wish it wasn't more than Blichmann and had handles.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:40 AM   #43
drez77
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zymurgy101 View Post
Blichmann Ferminators have handles; the 7g and 14g models can be moved when full...according to the website. I have to go up a couple of stairs from my patio (brewstation) to inside my house for fermentation. However, I like the features of the MoreBeer version and it is made in the USA! Just wish it wasn't more than Blichmann and had handles.
I have the 14g Blichmann and carried it down the bulkhead steps a couple of times before that got old. No way I could do that myself. Now I just leave it in the cellar and pump directly into it and wheel it back into its home.

Tags
blichmann, conical, fermenter, morebeer

Quick Reply