have to upgrade burner stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amishland

Reaction score
I have this propane burner
90314_Product.jpg

I just bought a converted keggle and it does not fit that well on my old burner stand.

I have been searching HBT all night for some ideas and the web for just a stand that can hold my burner. Most stands come with burners, I also saw someone using bricks for there stand

I am not ready to build a brew rig, but do have a good friend who welds and he said if I wanted he could build a cage to go around my existing burner stand. But after thinking am I better off buying a new burner and stand? or does some one know of something I havent found yet that is the solution to my problem?

Sounds like you need to get creative. Your friend could probably cook something up for you that would work just fine, you'd just have to explain what you need really well.

I have that exact burner. I think it's an Eastman, and by all I found to read, it's about 65K btu.

Those fingers that reach out and up around the "standard" 30 quart pot were a problem for me too - take some bolt cutters and snap them off before the upward bend (or cut with a hacksaw, sawzall, etc) and it works like a champ.

I also took some HEAVY wire and tied each leg to the next adjacent leg to keep any of them from spreading from excess weight. May not be necessary, but I'd rather do that than mop a wasted wort off my driveway.

Yes it is an Eastman Outdoors Revolution burner ~65K BTU I like it, and have boiled two batches with my keggle, but did not feel to happy about those fingers pushing on the bottom of my keg.

How about just having you welder friend cut those fingers off and then weld an X made of rod or rebar across the top of the burner?

I used to have that burner and really liked it. I just cut the fingers off with a cutoff wheel. If you're gonna get a new burner/stand, the SQ14 would be just the ticket for a keg.

When I got a keggle I had to attach some wire shelving over my burner to allow the keg to sit correctly (It was exactly the same diameter as the outside ring). My other thought was to buy a charcoal grill grate and put that on there (I just used some wire to hold it on). Those are ~$10 at menards.

Back