The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Half coupling

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2008, 11:16 AM   #1
polecreek
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Half coupling

My kegs just got back from having the full couplings welded in them that I bought and left for the welder. To my surprise I have some full couplings and some half couplings welded in, who knew the welder knew more about what I wanted than I did. On my boil kettle I only have half couplings but I need to hook up on the inside a line that goes under my false bottom. The outside needs to hook to my pump. Ideas?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2008, 11:32 AM   #2
AnOldUR
fer-men-TAY-shuhn
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 517 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 398

If your fittings are 1/2", try running a 3/8" pipe tap into your nipple and using a 3/8" fitting for your pickup line.

Old 12-31-2008, 04:25 PM   #3
sigmund
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakalmon View Post
My kegs just got back from having the full couplings welded in them that I bought and left for the welder. To my surprise I have some full couplings and some half couplings welded in, who knew the welder knew more about what I wanted than I did. On my boil kettle I only have half couplings but I need to hook up on the inside a line that goes under my false bottom. The outside needs to hook to my pump. Ideas?
Have your welder weld another half coupling on the inside of your boil kettle like you originally asked for.

Burkey Street Brewery

Old 12-31-2008, 04:29 PM   #4
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2747 Times on 2698 Posts
Likes Given: 110

Take them back and ask the welder where the crap your SS Full coupling are and where these half came from and why he didn't do what you wanted! have him re-do it right.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Old 12-31-2008, 07:34 PM   #5
polecreek
Recipes 

The welder is in another town and I dont want to wait 2 more weeks to get the kegs back+. Threading the nipple is a great idea, I will try it

Quick Reply