New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Group Buy: Accuflex Bev-Seal Ultra barrier line

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 05:11 AM   #111
outside92129
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Hi All- everyone in the group buy has been messaged and over 1/2 the line has been shipped out. Assuming everyone pays up in the next day or so this will be wrapped up this weekend. If you haven't paid and haven't gotten a message from me... contact me asap. I have 1 more roll coming and have a little room left on it, here's the current list for roll #7. When #7 is done i'll be passing the torch to... anyone who wants the job : )

outside92129, 100
Gritsak, 100
Carter05, 150
razorbrew, 100
toecutter, 200
bumstigedy 50/100

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2011, 05:35 AM   #112
BigHefty

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Heck, for ~$30 I'll take 100ft.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #113
CidahMastah
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPLSV View Post
It is a lot harder material than the vinyl. I had some 1/4" and had that put on tailpieces that were listed as "will fit 1/4" plastic tubing or 3/16" vinyl tubing." That has kind of made me wonder what I'm getting if I order a 1/4" or 3/16" tailpiece, as I think some companies list them based upon what they will fit. I measured my 1/4" tailpiece and the nominal outside diameter was roughly .297. Ordered a couple 3/16" tailpieces that I'm hoping are smaller than the 1/4" I currently have. Boring out the tube was not a solution.
they won't fit on even if you soak the hose in hot water?

Man,... That's a lotta hooch!
Steel rig in progress
ebuild info

Old 08-11-2011, 12:58 PM   #114
XPLSV
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CidahMastah View Post
Heat doesn't have the same affect on this stuff as it does on the vinyl hose. It is a harder plastic type hose. I did not have success with dipping the hose end in boiling water...I moved on to ordering some 3/16" tailpieces. There are a few places that advertise having 3/16" tailpieces and 1/4" tailpieces...however, the few I have found (Northern Brewer, Perlick) list the 3/16" tailpieces as chrome plated and I was wanting stainless steel. I felt like I was rolling the dice with the places that had stainless steel and the ones that did reply back seemed rather unsure of what they had. I rolled the dice with one and will post my findings when the two test pieces arrive. I think if I had gone with the chrome plated ones, there wouldn't have been a problem.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:15 PM   #115
CidahMastah
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPLSV View Post
Heat doesn't have the same affect on this stuff as it does on the vinyl hose. It is a harder plastic type hose. I did not have success with dipping the hose end in boiling water...I moved on to ordering some 3/16" tailpieces. There are a few places that advertise having 3/16" tailpieces and 1/4" tailpieces...however, the few I have found (Northern Brewer, Perlick) list the 3/16" tailpieces as chrome plated and I was wanting stainless steel. I felt like I was rolling the dice with the places that had stainless steel and the ones that did reply back seemed rather unsure of what they had. I rolled the dice with one and will post my findings when the two test pieces arrive. I think if I had gone with the chrome plated ones, there wouldn't have been a problem.
please let us know. I can't recall what I ended up with for my keg system from KC. I know I had the MFL fittings but don't recall if they gave me 3/16, or 1/4 for my 3/16 beer line. I also have 1/4 beer line on my trunk line to my tower so I am pretty sure that those have to be 1/4 fittings.

As with you I would like to get all stainless, i run a lot of draft cider that is way more acidic than beer is.

Man,... That's a lotta hooch!
Steel rig in progress
ebuild info

Old 08-11-2011, 07:37 PM   #116
Shockerengr
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CidahMastah

Boiling water doesn't soften it enough to go on a 1/4" nipple. I had luck using a flame and carefully heating it and spreading with nedle nose, although I haven't gotten it installed yet. 3/16th shouldn't be a problem

Old 08-11-2011, 09:38 PM   #117
maager
Recipes 

Line arrived today, thanks again!

Old 08-11-2011, 10:53 PM   #118
yessri
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Got mine today - thanks! Bought anything for SWMBO yet?

Old 08-11-2011, 11:30 PM   #119
maager
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockerengr View Post
Boiling water doesn't soften it enough to go on a 1/4" nipple. I had luck using a flame and carefully heating it and spreading with nedle nose, although I haven't gotten it installed yet. 3/16th shouldn't be a problem
Just an FYI, this worked fine for me on my 1/4" nipples. At first it was a little difficult, but by the end you catch on and figure out how much flame is needed to spread it apart enough. Works great.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:12 AM   #120
Boleslaus
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 10

So we have decided that to get this stuff onto fittings (I have to MFL with barb attached) you have to flame it and spread it?? It wasn't expensive so I'm not worried, but I don't want to have any major headaches with this stuff.

Watch me leap through this hoop!

My current line-up:

Fermenter 1: Altbier

Quick Reply