Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway - Last Chance to Enter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Great Stir Plates on eBay.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2009, 12:43 AM   #1
chefchris
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Great Stir Plates on eBay.

I just received my stir plate, complete with stir bar and keeper magnet, today. Put it to the test immediately. Works great. This guy, who's an avid brewer, sells these on eBay and from his website. He's also got some flasks for sale that are pretty reasonable. The shipping's free if you get it from eBay, not sure if it's the same from his website.

His webiste: StirStarters.com

His eBay page: eBay

He's got a little demo video on his site, too. I would recommend this to
anyone who's lazy like me and doesn't feel like making one themselves.

Disclaimer: I am, in no way, affiliated with this seller. I am, however, fixing to get my drink on. Smuttynose IPA !!!

I think you are confuisng circle k with a reach around. - Denny's Evil Concoctions

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2009, 05:29 AM   #2
Scut_Monkey
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

Seems pretty good. I too bought some of the supplies to make one but then found a fisher scientific for real cheap. I wasn't interested in screwing around with it just like you. Most things I would rather build myself but I wasn't interested in buidling one of these. Good find.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:25 AM   #3
MattHollingsworth
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I also bought one from him in June and he shipped it to Croatia. Have to use a step down transformer , but it works great. We have 230 volt, 50 hertz power here and this thing seems to only work with 60 hertz, so I couldn't just use an AC adapter with it. Step down transformer did the trick though. Works great and he shipped it via the cheapest way possible and was an all around nice guy during the transaction.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:08 PM   #4
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1029 Times on 685 Posts
Likes Given: 28

At 15.50 shipped, there's really no motivation to DIY. I paid about $45 shipped for an old lab stirrer form the 1970's and I had to rewire the thing because the insulation was cracking off.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Old 07-31-2009, 02:11 PM   #5
wildwest450
Recipes 

Liked 166 Times on 151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M View Post
At 15.50 shipped, there's really no motivation to DIY. I paid about $45 shipped for an old lab stirrer form the 1970's and I had to rewire the thing because the insulation was cracking off.
Where did you see that? hid buy it nows are over $40 shipped.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:18 PM   #6
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1029 Times on 685 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Yeah, oops. I just randomely clicked on this one Magnetic Stir Plate Beer Home Brewing Yeast Starters - eBay (item 140336148257 end time Aug-03-09 19:00:24 PDT)

and mistook the current bid price as a BIN. Carry on.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Old 07-31-2009, 04:27 PM   #7
chefchris
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

Well, you just gotta watch them. He has a lot of them up for sale and they start at .99. I lucked out and got one for pretty cheap. I think I paid around $20. Well worth it to me.

Now I'm just gonna use the computer fan that I wired to an adapter and put it in my keezer. So I didn't do all that hard work for nothing.

I think you are confuisng circle k with a reach around. - Denny's Evil Concoctions

Old 08-22-2009, 02:51 PM   #8
EvilGnome6
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
I just received my stir plate, complete with stir bar and keeper magnet, today. Put it to the test immediately. Works great. This guy, who's an avid brewer, sells these on eBay and from his website. He's also got some flasks for sale that are pretty reasonable. The shipping's free if you get it from eBay, not sure if it's the same from his website.

His webiste: StirStarters.com
I ordered one from his website a few days ago and received it yesterday. Everything was nicely packaged and it works beautifully. It's really quiet, the stir bar snaps to the center with ease and gets a super vortex going within seconds.

Quick Reply