Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > General Brewing Parts Stores

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2008, 07:15 PM   #1
its02003
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default General Brewing Parts Stores

I don't know of a better place to put this thread... but move it if it needs to be.

I have been shopping around for good parts to build various addons for my new brew-rig and have been floored by the customer service I have received at McMaster Carr and Buyfittingsonline.com (division of QMI). Each one has someone answer the phone each and every time and each one now has called me back personally to thank me for my purchase and make sure everything is working smoothly.

They have knowledgeable staff that helps me overcome my slowly diminishing incompetence with these things.

McMaster even accidentally sent me some replacement parts in the mail and when I called to complain about the charge on my account, they said to keep them as it was their error. I am sending them back anyways since they didn't have any use in my brewery.

I really am impressed in this day and age (when customer service is as rare as low prices) that each of these companies are run as well as they are.

Props to both in their own rights!

In response to the thread: 6x beer buddy larger mix (which I'm not sure anyone knows what it means/is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRock View Post
I hate to sound stupid, but what is it that you are trying to sell? I'm sure I don't have one yet, but maybe I need one.
Brew Stand Pickup Tube Sight Glass Counter Flow Chiller Mash Manifold

Recipes:

Planning an Irish Red
Planning a Celebration Ale Clone

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2008, 08:26 PM   #2
rabidgerbil
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have heard, on this board, over and over how good McMaster is, and I know that I will certainly use them for anything that I can, as I am building my system, just based upon those testimonials. That is what is great about this community, not only do we help each other out, but we help out the businesses that are good to us, by sharing information like this.

My LHBS

Old 09-02-2008, 10:14 PM   #3
its02003
Recipes 

You will never be happier than you can be with these two businesses

In response to the thread: 6x beer buddy larger mix (which I'm not sure anyone knows what it means/is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRock View Post
I hate to sound stupid, but what is it that you are trying to sell? I'm sure I don't have one yet, but maybe I need one.
Brew Stand Pickup Tube Sight Glass Counter Flow Chiller Mash Manifold

Recipes:

Planning an Irish Red
Planning a Celebration Ale Clone

Old 09-02-2008, 10:20 PM   #4
Brooklyn-Brewtality
Four Beasts Brewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

McMaster is amazing.
I have ordered from them for a few years now, always happy. They ship fast, solve any problems quickly (and I have only had 2 in dozens and dozens of orders)

Kegged: Berlinerweisse, Dubbel, Galaxy Wheat
Bottled: Golden Strong, Mild, IIPA, Rauch
Fermenting: Saison, Imperial Wheat Stout, Brett Saison, APA, Brett Roggenbier

Old 09-02-2008, 11:55 PM   #5
billtzk
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I use McMaster a lot. They are great. I also use PLUMBINGSUPPLY dot COM and I've had excellent service from them as well.

Reality is a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs. -Lily Tomlin

Quick Reply