Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Free beer fridge -Which T-stat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2008, 11:10 AM   #1
MikeInCtown
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Free beer fridge -Which T-stat

Was speaking with my BIL yesterday at a family get together and I started telling him I was brewing my own beer. As I started telling him more I mentioned that I needed a fridge and he said he had several in storage at his shop. I said that I saw a nice black one but was told that he was going to use it for a beer fridge and he said it was no good because the fridge kept freezing the beer and pop put in it and that I could have it if I want.

Needless to say I'll be all over that one. The fridge is a black Danby without freezer unit inside. It appears to easily be large enough for a few ball lock kegs and CO2 tank.

Now the questions are:
Will a test of the top of the fridge render it useable for a draft tower?
What thermostat should I buy? One with the digital readout so I can do a brewbelt and cooling, or a regular dial one that controls just cooling?

I plan on attempting to fix the thermostat in the fridge itself, so I was thinking digital just so I could keep the fridge cold using normal means, but to use the stat to warm a fresh batch of lager so it could firment in that same fridge.

Looks like I'll owe him a batch of my next brew.

Bottled - Continental Pilsner, Island Mist Mango Citrus, Island Mist Wildberry Shiraz
Up next - AH Foster's clone, Labatt's clone, Hard Apple Cider,
The Independence Street Brew House

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply