Old 02-07-2012, 11:39 PM   #1
ipsiad
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default food-safe CO2 gun

I'd like to hook up some kind of blow gun to my CO2 tank, which I could easily use to purge bottles, carboys, and kegs. One with a hand trigger or button and (ideally) detachable wands of varying lengths. Are the ones made for air compressors food-safe? I don't really want to blow a bunch of oil into my beer. If not, does anyone know of something I could use for this? Currently I just use a piece of tubing, which works fine, but I'm lazy and don't want to lean over and open/close the valve on the manifold every time I purge a bottle.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 01:15 AM   #2
AiredAle
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

I bought a new blow gun from Sears, and have used it for purging and starting siphons for years. I have never noticed any tastes or smells from it. The rubber parts may not be food safe, but I don't care since not much is going to be extracted by the stream of CO2 going through it. Don't sweat it, just don't boil it in your wort.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply